Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about ''REAL'' gold skincare?
I heared it is known to be the BEST daily skincare especially for anti-aging and are very effective and popular in Paris, Egypt and East Asian countries.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
personally i dont beleive anything it it so THE BEST normally that means the product is a load of rubbish, sorry though never heard of this brand before

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I do agree with you IluvNY, if someone has used it and say it's the best, I want to see pictures before & after, but since it's just a skin care, I doubt it is the best!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true... who decides what is the BEST huh? have any of you tried la prairie's GOLD line? it is very pricy for 1.0oz serum... 24K GOLD must be effective for anti-aging, i guess... do you know anything abt the result of using ''REAL'' GOLD products like CELLULAR RADIANCE CONCENTRATE PURE GOLD by la prairie?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
true... who decides what is the BEST huh? have any of you tried la prairie's GOLD line? it is very pricy for 1.0oz serum... 24K GOLD must be effective for anti-aging, i guess... do you know anything abt the result of using ''REAL'' GOLD products like CELLULAR RADIANCE CONCENTRATE PURE GOLD by la prairie?
Jill, I don't think price has anything to do with a product's effectiveness. Try it and write a review.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mari, i've decided to give a try! since i read so many bad reviews for CELLULAR RADIANCE CONCENTRATE PURE GOLD by la prairie, i am going to try the other gold anti-aging essence/serum called Platinum Gold Anti-Aging Essence by HAKUZA (a japanese company). i hope this investment is a good one

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
What effect is 24k gold reported to have on the skin?

I know that gold treatments are used for rheumatoid arthritis, but don't know what impact gold would have on skin?

I have heard of the 24k gold facials, but also heard that they are just another excess of the rich. What possible good could applying gold on the skin do?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have some Gingko oil vials I received with (supposedly) 24k gold flakes -- tried it once but it was very oily. No explanation what the 24k was supposed to do. Would be interested in learning more.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
i meant the first reply i wrote on this post did not make sense, but just notice i did this again by adding the what to my sentance!

Im tired obviously need to go to sleep!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It seems like the benefits of using gold are debated and so I am not convinced that it is worth the cost of trying it out. Especially when there are proven ways to fight aging - including the use of vitamin C serum, Retin-A, and sunscreen.

On the other hand, the concerns with side effects are real - such as dermatitis of various sorts.

The link below speaks to these matters, and in particular warns against the use of mineral makeup while using a gold product (see the bottom of pg. 1).

Gold.

The thought of metals reacting in my skin scares me!

·
Registered
48 Posts
In a high school I went to in Albany, GA we used to test to see if gold jewelry was real by rubbing it against the foundation on the lower portion of the jaw, if it was real it would leave a black mark across the skin...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
In a high school I went to in Albany, GA we used to test to see if gold jewelry was real by rubbing it against the foundation on the lower portion of the jaw, if it was real it would leave a black mark across the skin...
I'll remember that when someone gives me (real?) gold jewelry. Thanks.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Huh? My gold jewelry never leaves a black mark on my skin! I wouldn't wear it if it did!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts