need emergency IND by which Benoquin can be obtained from ICN. Their
comment to me was to check again in mid-April, to see if they get limited
approval to start manufacturing. Other alternatives are not great, at
least from my perspective, as my compounding pharmacist checked the
recipe and it's much too complex for someone to extemporaneously
compound. It's a waiting game.

Other comments: it can be a great treatment in Caucasians, where the net
cosmetic result is often excellent. It is very slow, and very expensive,
and my patients have typically chosen to treat only face and hands/arms.
If it hits the market again I'll try to remember to post the info."

Mark Ling, M.D., Ph.D.
Emory University Department of Dermatology
Clinical Pharmacology Unit
Atlanta, GA
-----------

I just thought I'd post this quote separately as there seems to be a lot of discussion supprounding ono of late.

·
Registered
524 Posts
can you please post the DATE of the memo? it seems ur trying to make it appear that this memo is from April of this year.

off the top of my head, i'm guessing the memo is well over a dozen years old.

why? because Benoquin's been permanently discontinued in USA by ICN since 2002 and by Valeant in Canada since 2007. that way both viscosity issues and abuse issues are reduced.

u can keep posting that the reasons its been discontinued is solely because of viscosity issues till the cows come home for all i care, but the problem is you seem to be continuously spamming info about a VITILIGO DEPIGMENTATION PRESCRIPTION DRUG to a SKIN LIGHTENING PRODUCT audience, which is highly inappropriate and offensive of u in my opinion.

anyone using or researching monobenzone for skin lightening needs to see a psychiatrist and a dermatologist right aways, not sit up on skincaretalk encouraging others to resort to it out of desperation, desensitization, and sensationalism.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am NOT using mono nor am I suggesting anyone else do so. Ever. As for yr allegations, I realize that you have only been posting for a relatively short period of time & this may be in part the cause of your hostility towards me which seems to be taking on a personal tone. I a using HQ4% & RA 0.1% .

http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...zone-20-a.html

I responded privately to this member detailing the dangers associated with mono. I am clearly NOT 'spamming' or 'promoting' its use. If you scroll through the threads, you'll find several from this member trying to get me to suggest he try mono. I discouraged him every time using my own folly in having tried it as an example. I said as much yesterday in response to a comment by LNL.

"not sit up on skincaretalk encouraging others to resort to it out of desperation"

You are making unfounded accusations, GWIA. On many occasions I have posted to desperate people that they need to work on other issues such as self esteem & determining the real reasons for their strong negative feelings. I could link you to these posts, but I doubt it would make any difference.

As for the audience of this forum, it stretches around the globe, including members from many different backgrounds. I've received countless pm's from people asking me questions re vitiligo since I mentioned that I have many relatives afflicted by it to varying degrees. My older brother has been disfigured by it. People coming here are in the same position too having relatives affected or being affected themselves. Rather than retyping the same responses over & over, I chose to post a few vitiligo related comments here. If this topic is of no interest to you, feel free to scroll past & ignore them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.