Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have a recipe for a non oily moisturizer...my face has plenty of oil and needs no more?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Second it! Been looking for oil-free moisturizer for a long time.
Could diy kings and queens shear a recipe, ple-e-e-ase

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Im not a guru, but some oily ppl use a serum instead of a moisturizer under thair SUNSCREEN!! Any of the C serum recipes would be a good place to start!

Then you could use just a drop of a light oil like watermelon (thx to BeautySleep for recommending this one!) to go over your skin lightly.

HTH!

Using a bit of Sea Emollient would also be an idea and would be very nourishing to your skin. SEA has it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I don't use a moisturizer just the ss over the vit C serum. For me the ss acts as a moisturizer.

·
Banned
3,558 Posts
Ko6kin,
Fawnie's idea is great....you can make that one. Depends on how you want it to feel on your skin is the question.

Hyaluronic acid,~% up to you
Sea emollient~ up to you, but don't go over 20% or tends to tighten the skin
Glycerin/ or Dexpanthenol `3%
Vit E water soluble`1%
Preservative 1%

You can add any water soluble antioxidants you wish to that, within reason.

Makes a nice light moisturizer.

·
Registered
359 Posts
DragoN
, you have no idea how
thankful
i am!
Thank
you, thank you, thank you!! Seriously, was looking for oil-free recipe for more than a year! Every time i put oil-free cream in a search box, the google gives something which i totally wasn't looking for...
Can i use
hydrosol
/floral water in this and in your MAP serum?

·
Banned
3,558 Posts
Ko6kin,
You are correct, however one is powder and only 50% bio available, the other is a thick clear liquid which is 100% bio available. I use the liquid one in that recipe. You'll need a bit of water in there to get it smooth with the B5, hydrosol will be lovely. Should work fine with MAP recipe as well.

You'll have to play a bit with it to see how you like the texture...more water will thin it out.

I use that as the base for the oil free SS, it sits beautifully on *my* skin.

·
Banned
3,558 Posts
makingcosmetics.com used to carry it...but I don't see it there right now.
Check at aromantics. They are are in Europe I believe. And if no luck, you can get it here.

But try it with glycerin. That is easy to find close to home. It's nice [ I think so anyways ]

·
Registered
222 Posts
I made a really nice moisturizer that you might like.
(I don't have measurements)

Recipe:

Hylauronic acid mixed with water until it forms a gel like substance.

Then add and mix:
Lecithin as emulsifier
Sea kelp bioferment
Ceramides mixed with just a little rosehip/seabuckthorn oil or other oil.

Some optional ingredients that I sometimes add:
Silica liquid
shea butter
peptides
Manuka honey

You will probably want to add a preservative too.

This is a lightweight, simple, and non oily moisturizer. I use it every day and my skin really loves it. It makes my skin softer than any premade moisturizer I've tried so I'm going to stick to using this. If you try it, let me know how it works for you.

·
Banned
3,558 Posts
CneumannCp

DIY HA1% serum like this:

1 gram HA powder
100grams H20 Distilled [ cold water works better, but not a big deal]
0.5 grams preservative

Throw that in a sterilized container and SHAKE like a mad woman/man.....toss in the fridge. DONE. Wait a couple hours...shake intermittently.

Buy the powder and make your own, no point in paying 20 bucks for distilled water.

I use Phenoxyethanol. As I also use SKB and sea emollient in just about everything and those are preserved with the same biocide. It works across a large pH range and is well tolerated by most. There are many others, but that is my preference.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts