Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi y'all, having trouble finding non-ocm cleansing recipes or tips on the forum. forgive me if they're right under my nose and i'm missing them.

am starting to love ocm, but am hoping to concoct something i can just quickly use in the shower or when i don't have time for ocm. i've made some sugar scrubs, but don't want to use very often with retin-a.

i have ncn's rhassoul clay bar, but am not crazy about it. hoping to make something that's deep-cleaning and silky feeling. a gel would be totally lovely.

any ideas? many thanks, as always!

·
Registered
881 Posts
hey there =)

fruit acids are a great cleanser. pineapple is a great one but i dont recommend this for sensitive skin. another great fruit acid to use would be kiwi, orange or blueberry. fruit acids leave the skin with a glow, contain AHAs, vitamin c. if you choose to use this method- smear the juice on your face and leave sit for 5 min for optimal results. if you are short on time just leave on for 30 secs.

deep cleaning?? well i LOVE clay facial cleansers for deep cleaning. ill tell ya.. suburb!!! i dont have any recipes but i like to add a little benotite(sp?) to my cleansers and its like a mini clay mask. this is great for pores that have sebum in them and also very great for smoothing the skin

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Aloe Cleansing Gel

2 oz. Aloe vera gel
1 tsp. almond Oil
1 tsp. glycerin
1/2 tsp grapefruit seed extract (I use Vit. E oil instead-same amount)
4 drops Sandalwood essential oil
2 drops Lavender essential oil

Mix well and put in small jar. Gently clean face with Gel, then remove with damp washcloth or tissue.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Sounds nice, Goatlady, I'm going to try this. Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, thank you lydia, will try when i have down time, and goatie, i love your recipe, gonna whip some up tomorrow and let you know how it works. they both sound lovely. many thanks!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Aloe Cleansing Gel

2 oz. Aloe vera gel
1 tsp. almond Oil
1 tsp. glycerin

Mix well and put in small jar. Gently clean face with Gel, then remove with damp washcloth or tissue.
mmm gunna whip this up too!!
thanks!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
hi y'all, having trouble finding non-ocm cleansing recipes or tips on the forum. forgive me if they're right under my nose and i'm missing them.

am starting to love ocm, but am hoping to concoct something i can just quickly use in the shower or when i don't have time for ocm. i've made some sugar scrubs, but don't want to use very often with retin-a.

i have ncn's rhassoul clay bar, but am not crazy about it. hoping to make something that's deep-cleaning and silky feeling. a gel would be totally lovely.

any ideas? many thanks, as always!
Paillo,

Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about NCN's Rhassoul Bar? I received a sample of it with an order, and I have yet to use it. I was planning on using it for my mornings off from OCM when I'm finished with what I have now. Curious about any feedback about it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am definitely going to try this one. Love OCM for night, but think this would be a nice quickie for a.m. in the shower. Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oooh, goatie, i LOVE your aloe vera cleansing recipe! have to admit i was suspicious of the glycerin, which i loathe so much, but my skin feels wonderful, thoroughly clean and moisturized without any stickiness. thank you!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Cleanser for normal and combination skin

16 oz unscented liquid castile soap
5 drops of each e.o. : lavender, peppermint, german chamomille
1 teaspoon jojoba oil

Add oils to castile soap and shake. Shake well before each use, use within 1 year.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Aloe Cleansing Gel

2 oz. Aloe vera gel
1 tsp. almond Oil
1 tsp. glycerin

Could I substitute the almond oil with olive or jojoba?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Great, I can't wait to try this. I too love OCM at night but I'd like to change it up at times. Keeps thing interesting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts