Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many recipes to share so why not create one single thread for all of them. I love to collect recipes and try new recipes all the time. Sharing is caring so here's plenty recipes to try out for yourself. ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!​

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sweet Hot Mustard Chicken Thighs

Ingredients
  • 8 large boneless chicken thighs
  • 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper or to taste
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced into rings
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or as needed

Directions
  1. Make 2 slashes crosswise into the skin and meat of each chicken thigh with a sharp knife, cutting to the bone. Cuts should be about 1 inch apart. Transfer thighs into a heavy resealable plastic bag.
  2. Whisk Dijon mustard, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, mustard powder, salt, black pepper, ground chipotle pepper, and cayenne pepper in a bowl until smooth. Whisk garlic into marinade.
  3. Pour marinade into bag over chicken thighs and massage marinade into chicken, coating each thigh thoroughly and working the marinade into the cuts. Seal bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight for best flavor).
  4. Move a rack to the center position in oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly oil the foil.
  5. Scatter onion rings onto prepared baking sheet. Place chicken thighs on top of onion rings. Spray or brush thighs with vegetable oil; sprinkle thighs with additional salt and cayenne pepper if desired.
  6. Roast chicken in preheated oven until the skin is browned, meat is tender, and the juices run clear, 35 to 45 minutes.
  7. Transfer chicken and onions onto a serving platter. Pour pan drippings into a saucepan, bring to a boil, and continue boiling, stirring often, until drippings are reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Skim excess fat from pan sauce.
  8. Spoon reduced pan sauce over each chicken thigh and serve.

*Side Note: Consider all the spices 'to taste' and adjust to your liking.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheesy Ham And Hash Brown Casserole

Ingredients

• 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
  • 8 ounces cooked, diced ham
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
  • 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
  • 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. In a large bowl, mix hash browns, ham, cream of potato soup, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese. Spread evenly into prepared dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown. Serve immediately.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Bean Veggie Burgers

Ingredients
  • 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
  • 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs

Directions
  1. If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
  2. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
  3. In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
  4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
  5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
  6. If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.

*Side Note: Before mashing the black beans, rinse them off really good and dry them. Strain the onion, garlic and pepper mix through a fine strainer to remove any excess water. And add 50% more bread crumbs.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions

Ingredients
  • 6 (4 ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 yellow onion, sliced
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 cup red wine

Directions
  1. Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet, and slice.
  2. Melt butter in the skillet. Stir in the yellow onion, red onion, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Season with basil, and oregano. Stir in white wine. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
  3. Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Does anyone know how to make delicious seafood soup with crab and lobster?
I would love to hear some recipes on how to make this soup it makes my mouth water

·
Registered
985 Posts
Bomb dot com flank stank!

simply marinade with hot sauce (or plain white vinegar) and rosemary garlic rub
then toss on the grill or cook until desired temp is reached! Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love to hear some recipes on how to make this soup it makes my mouth water
Yes, it's plenty of delicious recipes for crab with lobster, crab or just lobster soup. I'll share a few or just that one recipe, for you to try out on your own.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Louisiana Crab (Or Seafood) Gumbo

Ingredients

• 3 slices chopped bacon
  • 10 to 12 pods sliced floured okra
  • 1 chopped sweet red onion
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 red pepper, chopped
  • 1 yellow pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 c. chopped celery, some leaves
  • 3 cloves chopped garlic
  • 1/3 c. butter
  • 3 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 lb. can tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
  • 1 (No. 2) can tomato or V-8 juice
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Dash of cayenne to taste
  • 2 lbs. crab (fresh or imitation)
  • 1 lb. prawn, 1/2 lb. imitation lobster, the more seafood the better

Directions

1. Add butter, olive oil, bacon to a large kettle. Simmer until bacon is crisp.
  2. Add floured okra, onion, green, red and yellow pepper, chopped celery, chopped garlic. Cook until tender, but not browned.
  3. Add tomatoes, juice, salt, cayenne and seafood. Let simmer for about an hour. Serve in bowls with garlic bread.

*Side Note: Should be the consistency of a thick soup.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hippie thank you!!! I love you for this I've been dyin to know how to make that it looks so delicious (big cyber hug) do you have anymore seafood soup recipe with the crab and lobster? I would love to hear more about them 2764️

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hippie thank you!!! I love you for this I've been dyin to know how to make that it looks so delicious (big cyber hug) do you have anymore seafood soup recipe with the crab and lobster? I would love to hear more about them 2764️
You're welcome sweetie, yessssssssssssss!! I've got plenty of recipes for seafood soup.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Ayyyeee Please share my darling!! Cooking is the one thing that makes me genuinely happy. I love it 2764️

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maryland Crab Soup

Ingredients

• 4 quarts water
  • 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
  • 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
  • 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning, or more to taste (recommended: Old Bay)
  • 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 soup crabs, or 3 small live crabs, cleaned and rinsed
  • 3 cups canned diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
  • 1 1/2 cups diced celery
  • 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
  • 1 1/2 cups green beans, fresh or frozen
  • 1 1/2 cups lima beans, fresh or frozen
  • 1 cup diced cabbage
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 cups cubed red potato
  • 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked free of any broken shells
  • 1 pound claw crabmeat, picked free of any broken shells
*Side Note: Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish

Directions

1. Bring the water to a boil in a stockpot, then add the chicken and beef bouillon granules, seafood seasoning, worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and sugar; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Cut the whole crabs in half, add them to the pot, and bring to a second boil. Remove whole crabs after 5 to 10 minutes. Skim any excess froth created by the crab parts.
  3. Add the tomatoes and hot sauce; stir to combine.
  4. Add the carrots, celery, corn, green beans, lima beans, cabbage, and onion, bring to a low boil, and cook for 10 minutes.
  5. Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
  6. Add the crabmeat and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

*Side Note: Serve garnished with chopped parsley.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste (optional)
  • 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes

Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear.

HAPPY 2015 RECIPES JUNKIES!!

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honey Garlic Chicken

Ingredients

• 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 large eggs, beaten

Honey Garlic Sauce

• 1/2 cup honey, or more to taste
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tbs cornstarch

Instructions

1. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  3. In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper.
  4. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour mixture again, pressing to coat.
  5. Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
Serve immediately with honey garlic sauce.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Asking a question.. I'll never put my lifestyle on anyone! But if anyone is interested in it I'll post recipes for it.. As, everyone know I'm a recipe junkie so I got all types of recipes. Anyway, if you want I'll post vegan recipes and also gluten free recipes and etc. It might not be in this thread here as I'll like to keep it separate but I'll make a thread just for healthy recipes.

·
Administrator
33,723 Posts
Asking a question.. I'll never put my lifestyle on anyone! But if anyone is interested in it I'll post recipes for it.. As, everyone know I'm a recipe junkie so I got all types of recipes. Anyway, if you want I'll post vegan recipes and also gluten free recipes and etc. It might not be in this thread here as I'll like to keep it separate but I'll make a thread just for healthy recipes.:hmm:
Yes I'm always open to vegan recipes, I'm not so much a gluten free person but vegan I can work with :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts