Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me a good sunblock to use that is both UVA and UVB? I cant find one that is non greasy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have seen some SPF 100 sunblocks on the internet. I can only imagine how greasy they must be. even my SPF 45 feels thick and greasy.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Basically, I just use the sunblock in my liquid makeup because it's like killing two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The sunblock in makeup is usually very light (SPF 15 or less) and wont hold up if you are outdoors for more than an hour.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Nuetrogena's makeup sunblock is usually at least a SPF 20, which I think wouldn't be too bad for a really dark-complexioned person like me.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yes, just some people prefer one name to the other. In essense they are creams, sprays, gels, or lotions that provide some sort of protection from the sun. Though not to be confused that all sunscreens provide the same level of protection. A full spectrum 20 SPF is better than a 40 SPF that doesn't have broad spectrum protection.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I don't see anything particularily magic about SPF 30. I would still go with the highest SPF I could. I'm not big on Neutrogena I'm allergic to something they put in all their products.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Clinique has City Block SPF 40 for the face which I use every day and I've been sitting out in 100F degrees with no sunburn at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would recommend a oil-free sunblock from Dermalogica called Oil-Free Matte Block SPF 20, or La-Roche Biomedic Facial Sheild SPF 20, it is oil-free and has UVA and UVB coverage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts