Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think they are actually red moles. But that is how i would describe them. I had one zapped at the deromotologist twice and both times it didn't go away. I don't know the exact procedure they used but it was like a pen that zapped the red mole. Then a month later i was back there and they were confused as to why the dermotologist didn't "freeze it off" are the words they used. Do you think i could freeze it off at home with what they use for warts. What would you recomend to get rid of it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Definately not. I dont believe in "tampering" with any skin lesion yourself. It is probably worth getting back to your dermatalogist and letting them know the "red mole" did not go away and the treatment was not sucessful. They should then decide the best treatment for permanent removal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definately not. I dont believe in "tampering" with any skin lesion yourself. It is probably worth getting back to your dermatalogist and letting them know the "red mole" did not go away and the treatment was not sucessful. They should then decide the best treatment for permanent removal.
yeah i guess you are right.I'll just go back and ask them what the best option is :)

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Do you mean a hemangioma? The dermatologist should be able to help you with it. If the treatment doesn't help, persist until something does work. Don't monkey with it yourself.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean a hemangioma? The dermatologist should be able to help you with it. If the treatment doesn't help, persist until something does work. Don't monkey with it yourself.
No definently not hemangioma. It's just a small raised spot that looks like a mole, except red?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have those too. But their very, very small. About the size of a pin head. I've never tried to remove them because they're very small. I've always wondered what they are. I asked a doctor a long, long time ago and I think they said it was something like a broken blood vessel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts