Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day!

I have red skin "around" the base of my nose. (look at the attached file

When looking more closely it looks like a lot of small broken capillaries.

How can I permanently fix this?

I guess surgery is an alternate but that would be kind of extreme, and it really isn't as bad as the illustration suggests.

thankyou!

·
Registered
224 Posts
have you had a doctor look at it? Maybe try making sure that area is well moisturized

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I have not, because it's a minor thing.(again, the illustration is exaggerated)

this is a very "universal" problem !

so how get a smooth looking skin around the nose?

thanx for replies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!

I have a similar problem. My skin around nose has been red for about 3,5 years. Moreover, pustules often appear on this part of skin. The skin is not dry and itchy. You can see my disease on attachment.

I had tried many medicines (e.g. Locoid, Metronidazole, Triderm, Diprolene, Neomycin, Bactroban, Cutivate...) , but none helped me.

Is it rosacea? Or maybe seborrhoeic dermatitis? Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
PS. Sorry for my English.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My boyfriend has exactly the same problem, about 10 years ago he saw a dermatologist and told him it was ezcema, and the medecine he prescribed (can't remember the name) did not do a thing, last month he used my vitamin E cream and amazingly it's almost all gone. He has also changed his diet. More vegetables & fruits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, thanks. I will try vitamin E.

I think that my disease is not relevant to a sunscreen. My red skin around nose doesn't depend on season on the year.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The creams/serums with peptieds and hyaluronic acid helps with these sort of issues; seaweed extracts in skin care have proven effective on this too, they seam to nourish skin and calm it.

Marie mentions diet, and I come to think of the Dr. Perricone aproach; there are tons of before and after pictures that shows a good diet really helps with a lot of skin issues.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hello!

I have a similar problem. My skin around nose has been red for about 3,5 years. Moreover, pustules often appear on this part of skin. The skin is not dry and itchy. You can see my disease on attachment.

I had tried many medicines (e.g. Locoid, Metronidazole, Triderm, Diprolene, Neomycin, Bactroban, Cutivate...) , but none helped me.

Is it rosacea? Or maybe seborrhoeic dermatitis? Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
PS. Sorry for my English.
It could be rosacea. Check out some sites on line -- MedHelp, Mayo Clinic, & Rosacea -- there are pictures that you can compare to your condition.

If you think it is rosacea after comparing, see a doctor for an evaluation. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i thought i was the only person in the world with this problem, but i have red around my mouth and in my chin. i don't know what to do!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this similar condition for around 15 years. Flakey skin on the side of my nose in the crease that would become red and start to hurt. At first this would only happen in the winter months but the last few years it has become a more year around condition. BUT I have found a cure that works VERY well for me. It is a product from CLARENS its called ( Skin beauty repair concentrate ) This stuff is not so cheap but it does work for me. I have been using this for several years and with a very small dab. And I mean very small, apply to area once a day till it clears up. Then just every few days or when needed.

I do not know what the purpose of this stuff is, as my ex wife purchased it for me originally. It works though so I donâ€2122t really care. I need to purchase some now thatâ€2122s how I came upon this site and like someone else mentioned I thought I was the only one special enough to have this special gift. Guess Iâ€2122m not so special. But I can say I read several other forums with zero answers as to what this is, eczema or who knows what. However no one mentioned my personal miracle cure. If you have what I have this will work for you. I purchase mine at the local department store but Amazon seems to be an inexpensive source. As I said not cheap but if you use a very small amount the bottle will last a year or more. The bottle that you get now is a pump and the first time I used It almost had the big one as it shot across the room and I just saw $ signs on the floor so squeeze the pump gently. I actually transfer the contents to the original bottle I had which has a plug in the top which only lets out a drop.
I guess thatâ€2122s enough rambling hope it works out for you.
Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts