Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im 17 and Male. Ive had red circles/ spots on my skin for a while now... first noticed a few last summer then they came back harder and havent left.. they started around bottom chest and now spreaded to stomach to all over chest then my neck and now i notice one or two forming on my face and upper arm. i saw a doctor she said it looks like pityrisis rosea, but then it never went away so i went back to another doc and she says it looks like something else and not that! so shes sending me to see the dermo. soon ( Been on waiting list ) It looks somewhat like ringworm but solid red, usually doesnt itch, Im just worried.... if anyone could help indentify it, thanks a ton!

Also the spots are more redder in person, (camera phone)

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Well.........I am going to say it looks like a form or excema. I am really suprised though that your Dr would not be able to tell this on his own. It also could be ringworm, but you said it doesn't itch, so..........I just don't know.

Being that you said you are 17, do you play sports at all? If yes, then I am going to say it's ringworm-

Either excema or ringworm, totally nothing to worry about. Your derm should give you medicine oral or topical and you should be on your way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response!! i used to play sports (mostly baseball) and was very active growing up, but my lifestyle somewhat changed i guess. not so much active as i used to be... but thanks for the support! i appriciate it

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Thanks for your response!! i used to play sports (mostly baseball) and was very active growing up, but my lifestyle somewhat changed i guess. not so much active as i used to be... but thanks for the support! i appriciate it
Yep you bet!

Don't worry too much, what ever it is, it will be treatable. Just be careful because if it is ringworm, it is highly contagious.

·
Registered
713 Posts
River are the spots getting worse or have they been the same for awhile?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I am glad you found out what it is. That isn't anything too major. What did they give you for it? I can't believe you lived with it for as long as you did.

Hopefully the weather is cooling off where you live. This stuff lives for heat and humidity-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they gave me fluconazole, one a week pill and selenium sulfide, a shampoo/ lotion for area before shower

1 - 11 of 11 Posts