Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there ever hear of a skin "re firming" treatment, by machine, called ReFirme ?
Would love to hear from someone who has actually tried it !
What kind of results did you achieve? Did it help with your slackening jawline? ? Did it hurt or cause short-term or long term skin problems/ abrasions/etc ? did it cause swelling or other temporary problems?
Any info anyone can provide on it would be welcome!
Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site Frenchcutie 298. Can't say I've ever heard of it, but it does sound interesting.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome, you will get good advice here...sorry I can't help with this but somebody will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a series of ReFirme treatments a year ago. I am 63 yrs young with better than average skin. Few wrinkles but concerned about some jawline and neck sagging. Yes, the treatment was uncomfortable but not painful. Cost was $2500.00 for a total of 6 treatments (buy 5 get one free) over a 6 month time.
My family and I did see a minor change in the tightening of the skin - specifically around my cheeks and mouth. No difference in the neck or jawline.
Am I sorry I did it - no- but will not spend for additional treatments.
Everyone reacts differently depending on age and skin condition so your results may be more successful. Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had 3 ReFirme treatments done last year. I am 51 yrs. old and my main concern was a droopy eyebrow and I needed a little lift in the jawline area. I was told that 3treatments was all I needed at a cost of $900. The treatment was very uncomfortable on my forehead, but tolerable in the other areas of my face.

I really did not see any improvement and was told that I needed 3 more treatments for an additional $900. I couldn't afford additional treatments, so yes, I regret spending the money!

Since then I have done some research on ReFirme and have found out that generally for good results you need approximately a series of 6. I think I was scammed, as the office where I had the treatments done closed down shortly afterwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Radmon40 and Sweetpea46, your comments have been helpful...I am going in for a preliminary "consultation" this week & I will decide whether to go through with ONE treatment at that time. I will NOT sign up for multiple treatments, but MIGHT try ONE out, if I feel comfortable ( depends on how well they are set up, etc). The clinic I have an apt. at has been around and has a good reputation, so I will trust my instincts, bearing in mind your comments!
Thanks again !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you are better off having a Thermage treatment. I have had both an Refirme ST and a Thermage and I got better long term results with the latter and paid the same amount except that Thermage is only one treatment. The results, however take time - about 6 months.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have had both Refirme and Thermage done. I actually like the refirme much better. I paid $1,080 for 6 refirme treatments and $1,999.99 for one thermage. The refirme DOES require the series of 6 treatments to usually get the expected results (one treatment every 4 weeks) but the thermage results dont really become completely noticeable until 6 months anyways so it was the same to me. I liked the refirme better because to me it was less painful and can be used in places where thermage can not. Like knees, hands, feed and other "bony" areas that i was told thermage was unable to treat for whatever reason. I loved the place where i had refirme done they had eve appointments and friendly staff where my thermage center was a little cold like a doctors office. the refirme treatment felt like a little snap or pinch that went away immediately where my thermage felt like an extremely hot electric current was being zapped into my skin. I would say refirme!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much MBrittany, that is really helpful info !
Update:
I went to my apt. about 2 weeks ago ( re firme) and was told it would not help & that I needed plastic surgery, lol ( at a cost of about $ 7 thousand.!)...It's my neck that's the problem,( double chin/flabby since my 45 lbs weight loss) but in the meantime I started my own "plan" if you will....:
I have always used good creams, but I bought a few anticellulite body lotions/creams( cellulean, Matis, Sisley Celluli-pro) and combined with this cute little neck exerciser I got on ebay, as well as my own home-made chin-strap like contraption ( I use a piece of PVC-like material- cut up rubber glove- which I attach with velcro straps, after applying the creams- leave on for about 1/2hour & do my exercises with the little neck/chin spring-like exerciser- 60 reps, twice a day), I have had VISIBLE , almost amazing results in just 2 weeks ( and have saved thousands of dollars!)...Basically I am "melting away" the accumulated fat deposit & firming up my neck at the same time....it's something that I do daily & requires about 1 hour of work, in total, but as I say, it is giving me RESULTS, my "oval" is much improved & my neck has losst a good amount of its flab.
So I won't be needing anymore info, Thanks to all again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
To French Cutie

It takes alot of willpower and motivation to have the results you are seeing. I applaud you. I just might try that same chin and neck excersizer. Wish me luck. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I did a consultation for refirme and she said 5 treatment $2000. I started to look up info on it and found a website realself.com that kind of scared me, one women never had acne in her ife and after the treatment she start to get acne..............some got good results and others not so good..........

I decide to put this on hold and start retin A for a while and see what happens with that...........

·
Registered
77 Posts
Chelsie:

Refirme puts a lot of heat into the skin which for some people, can trigger a break out. If you feel like you are one of those people I might avoid the treatment as well.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey all: well I decided to book an appoitment on Saturday, I'm having refirme and remodel done at the same time one is for firmness and the other for deep wrinkles. Wish me luck!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts