Skin Care Talk banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
@PinotNoir I'm colombian and north african. It's golden undertoned and it's actually not considered to be that dark on a spectrum. Being this complexion makes me feel different. I feel like my facial features fit better when I little lighter. I used to be a lighter caramel and people treated me a lot better for some reason. During the summer when I was a little darker than I am now I was considered to be 4.05 in the beauty blender foundation and 380 in Fenty.
I got to 230 in fenty my life changed everyone accepted me when you’️re dark you’️re invisible. I was white passing to the point someone didn’️t know I was black and said something racist. Old white people were super nice to me it was like an alternate universe. To go everywhere and feel accepted and free. To go to a store and you don’️t feel like people are watching/judging you. Best decision I’️ve made tbh. It’️s sad I wish the world wasn’️t like this. But I’️ve experienced the high and I can’️t go back.
@lightenme We need to PM. I need you help me get there lol! I can’t do this anymore girl
Sigh just want my hyperpigmentation and tan on my face to lighten and even. What will it take products? Tried so many at this point. Oh God make it easier and achievable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a yes and no too but mostly no. I much prefer how I look with a lighter complexion, but now I have the challenge of having my face even with the rest of my body. My chest is as light as my face, inside of my arms and legs are too but torso and back are a few shades darker. I feel uncomfortable even wearing a tshirt out because of how my arms are darker so it would be nice to not have to worry about such things.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm a yes and no too but mostly no. I much prefer how I look with a lighter complexion, but now I have the challenge of having my face even with the rest of my body. My chest is as light as my face, inside of my arms and legs are too but torso and back are a few shades darker. I feel uncomfortable even wearing a tshirt out because of how my arms are darker so it would be nice to not have to worry about such things.
Try Layering Exfoliating lotion and your lightening lotion..It works very well, just give about 30 mins gap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try Layering Exfoliating lotion and your lightening lotion..It works very well, just give about 30 mins gap.
Hey, thanks for the advice. I've only started really paying attention to my body and arms as my face has always been the focus and I have dedicated products for that. Only thing I have for the body is kojic acid soap. Is there any exfoliating lotion and lightening lotion you'd advise? Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yesterday I was just thinking about this...

So do I regret it? Yes and no. I think the fact that I’m constantly thinking about my skin in annoying. I’ve seen how better people treat me, and the more attention I get. That I think is annoying. I don’t like how much I have to pay attention to the sun or how people will say remarks if they notice. Or the amount of money I’ve spent! lol I’ve always thought I was beautiful.

I’ve only lightened a few shades. Like 2 or 3 shades. I’d say now I’m a cinnamon/caramel/toffee color. My skin looks great and I still look like I’m in my younger twenties. It suits my features and I’m probably going to be doing this forever.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts