Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Apply butter on your cracked lips. It works like a lip balm and taste good too!

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can use olive oil as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
To prevent cracked lips in the future. Buy yourself another toothbrush...a soft one, ( i use one of them fold up travel brushes, and when you brush your teeth in the morning, take the new soft toothbrush, put vaseline, or almond oil, on your lips, and gentle brush your lips......no more problem.
Another benifit from this, is that this brings the bloodflow to your lips, and plumps them up.
Chandy

·
Registered
398 Posts
I recently started using Bee Yummy Eye & Lip Cream. One product for both areas, but I just use it on my lips at night. Has stopped the cracking and peeling. My lips are soft and look better than they have in *years*. You can get a sample from the live-live.com website.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I recently started using Bee Yummy Eye & Lip Cream. One product for both areas, but I just use it on my lips at night. Has stopped the cracking and peeling. My lips are soft and look better than they have in *years*. You can get a sample from the live-live.com website.
Yes! Yes!! Contains manuka honey which is very effective at healing!
I use BeeYummy Skin Food!

Also make sure you are adequately hydrated. Dry heat and cold air suck the life out of you!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
One thing to avoid is petroleum products on your lips, be sure to read the ingredient list. I live in Western Canada and it can get to 35 below zero here...that cold weather is hard on skin and lips.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Welede Everon lip balm, Sisley Nutritve Lip Balm, Kenzoki Sweet and Smooth Lip duo. And my new favorite for cold and windy weather - Clarins Moisture replenishing lip balm (the blue tube) - it has the worst ingredients, petrolatum, ozokerite, paraffinum liquidum etc, but it stay on lips for hours, smoothes and moisturizes, doesn't make lips drier afterwards like so many lip balms tend to, like Blistex, Carmex, Nivea/Labello, Neutrogena, Avene - none of these have ever worked for me, I put them on, and after 2-3 hours they are gone, my lips are dry and peeling.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not a big fan of over the counters like blistex. They have lots of mineral oil in them that makes matters worst. I ditto the shea butter based products. Even raw shea butter is great at protecting dry lips. If you would like an over the counter solution, I LOVE Jack Black Intense therapy lip balm. Its honestly the only balm that has worked for me outside of natural butters like shea.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have to say, though I also hate mineral oils, if my lips (or when my lips got) chapped and cracked so badly that they bled, vaseline was the only thing I was able to use on them. I did at the time try other remedies but most of them either stung, or turned my lips temporarily dentist-numb.

Once the cuts have healed, then I used things like Beeswax based products, or even night time moisturising cream, until I was happy to lay off them a bit and let my natural facial oils do the rest of the work!

Exfoliating is also a great idea, either with an old tooth brush, or a mild facial exfoliator like Dermalogica's daily dermabrasion/micro-exfoliant (the one you mix with water)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Petroleum jelly works for me everytime! It's a truly amazing product.
They say you can put it on the night before. Or even wear it on the whole day.. Water also helps..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts