Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after some advice please.
I'm a keen believer in exfoliating every day, but am looking for cheap exfoliating skin cloths. Any suggestions?
Most shops don't sell them, safai-skin.co.uk look good, but I don't like shopping online! Where can I buy in store?

·
Registered
679 Posts
don't laugh but i was told walmart, or target has microcloths in the auto section. people are actually finding these work wonderful for exfoilating. and they are less expensive.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello there,

I always use a muslin cloth [a dishcloth] or a flannel. However, be aware that exfoliating every day can cause complexions to become sore.

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
88 Posts
I also find I need to exfolaite alot (I get random white dry patches on my T-Zone if I don't!) I either use an exfolaiter toner after cleansing with a cotton wool pad, or a cotton muslim piece with my cleanser for extra cleansing and then a mild facial wet-wipe.

I got mine from Liz Earle with the hot cleanser, but you can pick up some failrly soft cotton muslim fabric from a store (habadashery store) and cut into 20cm squares to use daily.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is it really necessary to exfoliate every day. I think not. A few times a week max. Combo of a granular scrub once a week and the Dr gross beta pads every other night.

·
Registered
353 Posts
A good rule of thumb is, the older you are, the more you need to exfoliate..

Young skin has a natural turnover of skin cells every 28 days. As we age, that slows down significantly.. The signs that you have reached the slowing down stage, is dull skin, age spots/freckles + uneven skin tone.

Microfiber cloths are awesome for removing the dead cells, and can be used as often as tolerated.. (For example, my old hyde loves twice a day..
)

I bought expensive ones designed for the face, and bags of cheap ones at Wal-Mart + Auto Zone.. Personally, I find they both work exactly the same for removing the dead cells, but the expensive ones are esthetically more pleasing.

Another great way to remove + break up the glue that holds those nasty old cells on the skin, is a weekly mask with plain old pineapple.. (Fresh is best, or unsweetened + without syrup from the can.) It's the enzyme's in it, that literally eat away the glue/sebum/dead cells.

Whoosh a bit up in the blender, apply to face, neck + tops of hands, relax for 15 minutes, and rinse.. Whalah, no more crud ... Just a nice little glow on brand new skin.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Great post Kassy. Now..... just how does one relax with pineapple dripping off her face????

I'm dreaming of my own very large bathroom...with refrigerator....and lots of counterspace for my gadgets, and TV, radio, and lounge chair so I can whip up a pineapple mask, lounge around, listen to music, do yoga and exercise in private. A girl needs a space of her own!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Great post Kassy. Now..... just how does one relax with pineapple dripping off her face????

I'm dreaming of my own very large bathroom...with refrigerator....and lots of counterspace for my gadgets, and TV, radio, and lounge chair so I can whip up a pineapple mask, lounge around, listen to music, do yoga and exercise in private. A girl needs a space of her own!
I think when we all turn up our toes and go to heaven, that is the exact *chamber* we will all have..

LOL! Dripping pineapple doesn't sound like much fun does it..
... Just apply as much as possible with a cotton ball.. Even a thin layer works well..

Oh, and for those with very sensitive skin, if/when you feel lots of tingling, just rinse it off sooner than 15 minutes..

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Thanks Kassy, fresh pineapple sounds simple enogh to me!! I love pineapple. I suppose I could make fresh pineapple daiquiri's and a mask at the same time-

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks Kassy, fresh pineapple sounds simple enogh to me!! I love pineapple. I suppose I could make fresh pineapple daiquiri's and a mask at the same time-
Now that's using the old noodle, I love 2 fers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am after some advice please.
I'm a keen believer in exfoliating every day, but am looking for cheap exfoliating skin cloths. Any suggestions?
Most shops don't sell them, safai-skin.co.uk look good, but I don't like shopping online! Where can I buy in store?
Seeing the website address I assume you're in the UK? You should find your local AVEDA shop. They do a product called a facial "shammy". In short, it's a cloth designed to cleanse and gently exfoliate and retails for just under £10. I'd post the link but as I haven't made 15 posts, I can't do so at the moment so Google "Aveda + UK store locator", then go to "skin care", then "accessories" and look for "shammy".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts