Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Jergens Express self tanner. I really do like it alot, it gives me a nice brown color (not orange at all!!) however as careful as I am applying it, sometimes I find a "darker spot" mainly my feet for some reason...Well I found that the Mr Clean Eraser sponge removes those spots!!!! the eraser is soft, so it wont scratch your skin, (you can even rub hard), and it removes any "mistakes"..... It really helps to blend in those blotchy marks....Like I said as careful as I am, I always find a little spot here and there that I obviously did not rub in as good......The Jergens express so far is my favorite out of all the others I have tried....Hope this helps others

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Forgot to mention you can also use it lightly to help blend in some areas, they may of gotten darker
Using Mr Clean on the skin cannot be a good thing, can it? What are the main ingredients? Are there precautions on the label about avoiding contact with human skin? Maybe, maybe not?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Using Mr Clean on the skin cannot be a good thing, can it? What are the main ingredients? Are there precautions on the label about avoiding contact with human skin? Maybe, maybe not?
LOL I think she means those sponges called Mr Clean. They don't have any chemicals that I know of!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
LOL I think she means those sponges called Mr Clean. They don't have any chemicals that I know of!
So it's not the household cleaner with the bald guy on the label? My mistake. I was concerned since alot of those products have ammonia in them.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
My mistake I think! I was thinking it was something like those rubber pet hair sponges that you just rub on the furniture and it picks up the DOG hair. No chemicals involved there. But this sounds like it has SOME kind of cleaning chemical, you're right. Best stay away.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not mean for you to use it as an exfoliation. I was just suggesting to use in a quick fix, when you are left with a "streak of tanner" I cant imagine that using a swipe or 2 of this can do harm to your skin. I only needed to wipe my skin twice and the brown spots were gone.....it has no chemicals in it I read the packaging

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I did not mean for you to use it as an exfoliation. I was just suggesting to use in a quick fix, when you are left with a "streak of tanner" I cant imagine that using a swipe or 2 of this can do harm to your skin. I only needed to wipe my skin twice and the brown spots were gone.....it has no chemicals in it I read the packaging
Since it is not a personal care product I guess that the labelling requirements are different. But use on the skin is not recommended by the manufacturer - see part IV - under "Other" it specifically says that it should not be used on skin or other parts of the body. Of course, folks are free to do whatever they choose to do - it's their own choice, but should not be encouraging others to take on these risks.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I have been using Jergens Express self tanner. I really do like it alot, it gives me a nice brown color (not orange at all!!) however as careful as I am applying it, sometimes I find a "darker spot" mainly my feet for some reason...Well I found that the Mr Clean Eraser sponge removes those spots!!!! the eraser is soft, so it wont scratch your skin, (you can even rub hard), and it removes any "mistakes"..... It really helps to blend in those blotchy marks....Like I said as careful as I am, I always find a little spot here and there that I obviously did not rub in as good......The Jergens express so far is my favorite out of all the others I have tried....Hope this helps others
Wow- who would of thought to use a Mr Clean Eraser? I LOVE those things. I can't tell you how often I pull one of those little guys out. They are amazing! Pricy but worth it-

For my feet, knees, elbows and ankles, I always put on moisturizer with my self tanner. I also put a glob on each nail and toenail so they don't turn orange.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Wow- who would of thought to use a Mr Clean Eraser? I LOVE those things. I can't tell you how often I pull one of those little guys out. They are amazing! Pricy but worth it-
How does your skin react to such frequent use of these things. There are reports of folks getting chemical burns from them, especially children.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
How does your skin react to such frequent use of these things. There are reports of folks getting chemical burns from them, especially children.
I have never had a reaction from using them. Reports of chemical burns from using Mr Clean Eraser? From what chemical? Wow, I have never heard of that. Better take those puppies off the shelf!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have never had a reaction from using them. Reports of chemical burns from using Mr Clean Eraser? From what chemical? Wow, I have never heard of that. Better take those puppies off the shelf!
Why? They are a household cleaner not a skin care product. It's up to folks to use them responsibly. The reports of harm seem to be mainly of children who didn't know any better. Adults have skin too and so can also be harmed, which is why the cautions are stated explicitly in the data sheet.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
LOL, Ok, I don't get it? I was answering based on you asking me how my skin reacts to such frequent use?

I have never worn gloves or every experienced any kind of chemical burn myself. I was just saying if there have been reports of chemical burns from using them-take them off the shelf! Are you sure we are talking about the same Mr Clean Erasers?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You are probably not rubbing them on your skin like a child at play. If used as directed they are considered safe for use by the general public. That data sheet says that the materials breakdown into hydrogen cyanide and other nasty things - which I for one would not want rubbed on my skin even on a limited basis. But hey - to each his own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts