Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who's son uses and has for a while a lotion called Renew. It evidently keeps his eczema at bay, and has healed some very tough spots altogether, however, it's VERY VERY pricey -- I haven't seen anything on this forum where this product is mentioned. Has anyone used it? My daughter is very sensitive so I don't want to introduce anything that hasn't been well tested by the masses, kwim? For my friend it sounds great, but i doubt most of what i hear... so any idea's?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Renew is a product from Melaleuca, a heath & wellness co. in the US that uses tea tree oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia) in their beauty & pharmacy items. It IS kind of $ and you have to be a member to order their products.
I have very fair, sensitive skin & although this lotion didn't aggrivate my hand eczema, it is loaded with petrolatum, parabens & fragrance - not so great.
I've had some success with tea tree oil purchased at health food stores for reasonable $. When my hands get really itchy & inflamed with blisters I put a few drops in a large bowl with cold water and it really soothes the irriation. You can also make a poultice out of burdock root or soak skin in cooled burdock tea to relieve itching.

California Baby & The Green Beaver Co. make AWESOME natural baby products that I use on my kids & myself : )

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts