Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, I used Body Shop's Oat Glycerin facial wash for many years until the new owners annoyingly took it off the market along with many other products myself and other Body Shop customers had used for years, such as Carrot Cream. I have yet to find a product to replace either of them. I tried a different and new Body Shop exfoliator, which smellt like dry cleaning fluid, and which I was loath to put on my skin. Does anybody have any suggestions for good alternatives, which don't contain too many disgusting chemicals and don't cost the earth? I'm looking for something gentle and 'natural', like the Body Shop's products used to be!

·
Registered
15 Posts
barefoot botaniclas is a good all natural brand, i use their eye serum, but i am sure they would have an exfoliator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
barefoot botanicals is a natural chemical free brand, i use the eye serum, it is ace, i reckon they will have an exfoliator, they have a website.

·
Registered
330 Posts
hi there, I used Body Shop's Oat Glycerin facial wash for many years until the new owners annoyingly took it off the market along with many other products myself and other Body Shop customers had used for years, such as Carrot Cream. I have yet to find a product to replace either of them. I tried a different and new Body Shop exfoliator, which smellt like dry cleaning fluid, and which I was loath to put on my skin. Does anybody have any suggestions for good alternatives, which don't contain too many disgusting chemicals and don't cost the earth? I'm looking for something gentle and 'natural', like the Body Shop's products used to be!
Just wondered if you'd considered Lush, yet? I don'y know about a replacement for your oat glycerin thingie - but it might be worth going in and asking a few questions. They also give free samples so you can go away and try a product at least once, and often for much longer! I've got samples that have lasted me weeks in some cases...

As you can tell, I'm a bit of a Lushie - but I'm discerning and choosier than I used to be with Lush products.

I'm thinking you might find something there, anyway.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
I use a lot of different soaps from Lather. You could look and see if maybe they would have something close to what you are looking for. Just when you find something that works, then they discontinue it!! This makes me crazy!!

Best of luck to you in your search-

::::::::::::::::::: Welcome to LATHER :::::::::::::::::::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts