Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use resveratrol in their DIY serums and would it be a good idea to add it in my vit. C serum? Also, what about DMAE? I'm looking for a skin tightening ingredient.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I do both, orally and in DIY serum.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they have noticed any benefits (orally specifically). I am very hesitant to try anything from an "Oprahite". She seems to have a "guru of the day" then goes off them within months and all that breakthrough science she touted falls by the wayside.I want real people to tell me real results. If you are using it please let me know what if anything you have experienced?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I tried taking the Resveratrol (Jamieson brand) but they made my stomach upset & bloated & hurt my intestines. I hear that some supplements have soething in them that does this. This may be one of them. I still have the supplements (If anyone out there tolerates them well, they're welcome to them: pm me) but I buy that gross POM pomegranate juice. I doctor it up with ice & a teaspoon of splenda or else I can't gaack it down. Too gross.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I'm currently not taking Resveratrol orally but have many times in the past. Never noticed anything but that's not an indicator whether it's working or not with many things I take.
There is talk that Buccal delivery may be the way to go. Sure would save you a ton of $$$$ Buccal delivery superior? - ImmInst.org Forums

More info. on Resveratrol than you ever wanted to read here.
ImmInst.org Forums -> Resveratrol

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I searched this thread and so did not start another one. Yay! I was surfing around today and found some websites claiming that reservatrol can make you look ten years younger. Is that true?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have read that when taken orally it can possibly increase risks of breast cancer. Topically though I read it can help reduce UV damage......

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tried taking resveratrol as well... gave me upset stomach and running to the bathroom issues...paid 69.00$ for that pleasure...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have used it topically and liked it. I think I'll wait for more information to come out about its long term use before taking it in a pill though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts