Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would they both achieve the same goal with the HQ4%? The 1% is a bit more expensive on the website I was given to shop on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmm..

I use 1%, it cost me 15 USD.
I think the 1% is a little strong for me, since I already have soft and delicate skin. I am experiencing lots of peeling after my 3rd application, but it is to be expected. I have not had any side effects. So I will keep using it.

The source was from odine; I bought the HQ4% and the Retin-A 1% there, I got my products and they work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many do you usually order at a time? I was thinking of getting three of each, but are the tubes small?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I use .1% gel and bought a ton of it at 3 dollars a tube! It is far too strong though. I prefer the .05% cream. My skin does not peel too much nor get irritated too bad it is just constantly reddish and ruddy looking which makes it hard to not use make-up and I do not like having to wear make-up constantly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How many do you usually order at a time? I was thinking of getting three of each, but are the tubes small?

Is he bottle.
There are 20g, I think it's a lot.

I just use a small-medium sized pea size with one small drop of water and apply on my face.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use .1% gel and bought a ton of it at 3 dollars a tube! It is far too strong though. I prefer the .05% cream. My skin does not peel too much nor get irritated too bad it is just constantly reddish and ruddy looking which makes it hard to not use make-up and I do not like having to wear make-up constantly.
Were are you getting yours for 3 dollars/tube?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, wow. I wish I had seen this before I ordered 5 tubes. I didn't know we could mix it with a bit of water.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh, wow. I wish I had seen this before I ordered 5 tubes. I didn't know we could mix it with a bit of water.
Yeah, I just use a drop from my faucet so I have enough to apply an even layer on my skin.

I also add one drop of water with my HQ so I can apply an even coat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Glad I saw this thread, as I think it is an appropriate thread to ask how do the ladies get around the peeling with Retin A. Especially, if you work with the public, or you are around people for extended amounts of time. What do you do to get around that? I know when I started peeling, I was very self-conscious about this.

Also, the diluting Retin with water, now I am majorly confused..lol! I remember Ondine kept saying that you should wait at least 20 mins after washing before applying Retin A, and it needed to be applied to dry skin. Hmmm, didn't know you could wet it and apply it as well.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
In my case, when the peeling was quite bad at forst, I simply let the people around me know that I was using RA & it was nothing to be concerned about (in other words, I didn't have a horrid communicable disease!). Sometimes being frank & explaining (keep it short & sweet) something can save you aggravation.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Glad I saw this thread, as I think it is an appropriate thread to ask how do the ladies get around the peeling with Retin A. Especially, if you work with the public, or you are around people for extended amounts of time. What do you do to get around that? I know when I started peeling, I was very self-conscious about this.

Also, the diluting Retin with water, now I am majorly confused..lol! I remember Ondine kept saying that you should wait at least 20 mins after washing before applying Retin A, and it needed to be applied to dry skin. Hmmm, didn't know you could wet it and apply it as well.
When and if I peel from my RA I use a microfiber exfoliating cloth to remove what I can. This seems to help a lot, especially if you need to apply makeup.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have dry skin now that peels off after a shower and just a bit of gentle wiping with a towel. I had the worst peeling when I used tri-Luma for my melasma. It was a nightmare! I was red, irritated and peeled like a snake every day. You cannot get around that type of peeling. The good news is that the Melasma is gone.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i personally do not think you should mix retina or hq with water, esp. the hq. mix the retina with a cream or if you find it too strong apply it after your lotion/cream.

using a flannel/cloth also helps during or after bath/shower while skin is supple with exfoliation. use retina every other day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts