Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone,

Well I've only been using HQ for the last few days and now that the RA redness has calmed, I can safely say the the HQ/RA combo HAS been working to an extent. And anyway, I've been on the Anti-Aging forum and reading all the great things about RA and today I was missing the tightness that it gave me.

So I really want to try to incorporate it again. I'm thinking of using only a TINY amount for a while, like instead of a pea sized amount, maybe 1/4 to half of that.

What do you think? I want my skin light and tight!

·
Registered
713 Posts
karenannev...I use RA everyday and I just can't use even a pea size amount it is not enough to cover my face, neck and decollete, do you just use the RA on your face only?

Remember you can buffer the RA with something like Emu Oil, Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil ect. That would help to reduce the discomfort you feel.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hi again everyone,

Well I've only been using HQ for the last few days and now that the RA redness has calmed, I can safely say the the HQ/RA combo HAS been working to an extent. And anyway, I've been on the Anti-Aging forum and reading all the great things about RA and today I was missing the tightness that it gave me.

So I really want to try to incorporate it again. I'm thinking of using only a TINY amount for a while, like instead of a pea sized amount, maybe 1/4 to half of that.

What do you think? I want my skin light and tight!
Hi Karenannev. Do you use RA/hq at night and hq in the morning?.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I don't know why I didn't think of this before but I've just put on the RA/HQ mix but with less RA and then a thin layer of 0.5% Hydrocortisone cream all over. Sort of like my own version of Triluma. Well maybe not
, but what do you all think of this idea? Maybe tomorrow I'll just mix the three creams together.

BTW, I been thinking it's a bit quiet on here at the moment, then I realised you're all probably asleep!! You can't sleep! You all need to be here 24 hrs a day for me, lol

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
All the power to you karenannev! I remember last week I was over at a clients house for a couple of nights and I left my Retin-A at home and couldnt use it, its was apparent that I wasnt using it 3 days later when I looked in the mirror, that glow wasnt there.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
819 Posts
OK, I don't know why I didn't think of this before but I've just put on the RA/HQ mix but with less RA and then a thin layer of 0.5% Hydrocortisone cream all over. Sort of like my own version of Triluma. Well maybe not
, but what do you all think of this idea? Maybe tomorrow I'll just mix the three creams together.

BTW, I been thinking it's a bit quiet on here at the moment, then I realised you're all probably asleep!! You can't sleep! You all need to be here 24 hrs a day for me, lol
Hi karen, on my body i use a HQ LOTION mixed with a cortisone. The lady at the salon told me to just mix it in the lotion. You know wat, my body is extremely light, buttocks, legs, chest etc... im just tooo scared to try it on my face and neck area.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All the power to you karenannev! I remember last week I was over at a clients house for a couple of nights and I left my Retin-A at home and couldnt use it, its was apparent that I wasnt using it 3 days later when I looked in the mirror, that glow wasnt there.
Thanks LNL. I know what you mean, the glow and that tightness, especially under my eyes. It makes them look really wide open. Anyway, I'll see how it goes. My face felt very calm last night after I put the HC cream on.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi karen, on my body i use a HQ LOTION mixed with a cortisone. The lady at the salon told me to just mix it in the lotion. You know wat, my body is extremely light, buttocks, legs, chest etc... im just tooo scared to try it on my face and neck area.
Hi Nikesh, this is VERY exciting!! What percentage of hydrocortisone/ cortisone? And are they the same thing?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
nikesh what % of HQ are using for your body?

and i also want to know as well if hydrocortisone lightens the skin

·
Registered
208 Posts

My thoughts are that you simply rock! Do your own thing. I admire your creativity and pioneering spirit! You cannot go wrong with that brand of confidence and creativity.

I am just so proud of you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
hydrocortisone lightens the skin?
Cortisone (a steriod) reduces imflammation and is particularly useful for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) commonly seen in deeper coloured individuals following injury, a blemish e.g., from acne, or any scarring responses. This response to injury is more prevalent in melanin-rich individuals.

Typically, products to treat melasma (darkening of skin) e.g., "Triluma" contain a steriod, tretinoin (retin-A), and hydroquinone (HQ), all of which target the primary factors associated with hyperpigmentation.

Decreased inflammation (steroid)
Increased Collagen formation (tretinoin)
Decreased discolouration (hydroquinone)

In other uses, cortisone produces are beneficial in "speeding" healing, as is the case with any steriod product.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My thoughts are that you simply rock! Do your own thing. I admire your creativity and pioneering spirit! You cannot go wrong with that brand of confidence and creativity.

I am just so proud of you.
Oh thanks so much Crescentmoon!! What a lovely thing to say! I have to admit I'm a tiny bit proud of myself and a lot excited! I think I've just got to tweak this regime to make it work for me somehow, some way. I just will not give up.

You know what I did just now (morning here)? I mixed just the smallest amount of HC with my HQ! After Nikesh's results with doing that, I thought it may speed things up for me, AND stop any redness! And it's MUCH cheaper than Triluma if it works.

Anyway, it's early days but if this works well I will let you ALL know!!

And thanks for your support

·
Registered
208 Posts
so does it yield faster lightening results with HQ/RA?
Yes, it does. (think steriod us used in asthma or allergy preparations to achieve rapid healing; or steriods used in arthritic conditions to mediate joint damage).

Also, please be aware that ADC has a similar "Triluma" mix "Skinlite" that contains a steroid. The drawbacks is that the HQ in this preparation is only at 2%; which I remedy by mixing it in my 4% melalite HQ.

Bump it up or lower it down as you see fit. You're in charge! : )

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh thanks so much Crescentmoon!! What a lovely thing to say! I have to admit I'm a tiny bit proud of myself and a lot excited! I think I've just got to tweak this regime to make it work for me somehow, some way. I just will not give up.

You know what I did just now (morning here)? I mixed just the smallest amount of HC with my HQ! After Nikesh's results with doing that, I thought it may speed things up for me, AND stop any redness! And it's MUCH cheaper than Triluma if it works.

Anyway, it's early days but if this works well I will let you ALL know!!

And thanks for your support
Again, great news! Best wishes for continued results!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts