Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a mixture of Retin-A and Retin-A micro 0.04%, 0.05% and 0.1 in gel formula to stock up also to offset the high shipping charge. They are manufactured in India.

When I applied a pea sized of the weakest strength Retin-A Micro 0.04% at night, I was experiencing itch like crazy, can't sleep properly because I was literally scratching all night long like I got fleas on my face. And within a couple of days my skin peeled like crazy too.

I did not experience such itch when I was using Retin-A micro 0.04% gel manufactured in North America, as I find it not as harsh than the ones from ADC. Maybe something in it that too irritating the vehicle used in the gel perhaps as they did not disclose it. I am a little hesitant to continue using it as it may compromise my health. I feel wasted my money.

If you got the same experience and advice, kindly do share.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Mytwocents,

Welcome!
Perhaps there is something in the Retin-A from ADC which they do not disclose. If you are experiencing such severe itching then discontinue use immediately! You may be allergic to this particular brand...have you used RA from this manufacturer previously?

G

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi gigi,

This is my first time using the RA from ACD. I was using RA manufactured in North America and did not experience itching. Because I wanted to save money then I bought from ADC based on good reviews about them from users on this forum.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I understand, but since you are having such a bad reaction, please discontinue use! Your problem could become worse if you continue using it.
Some people's skin tolerate certain meds better than others, and since the RA manufactured in North America does not irritate your skin as much as the one from ADC, I would purchase that one.
I know money is an issue for all of us, but you may have to spend a lot more in the long run correcting the problem this cream from ADC may cause.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mytwocents, HERE you just posted that you think ADC and US versions are the same and urged us to buy from India!
What made you change your mind?
My skin itching like crazy in the last few nights after using RA bought off ADC, so I think everyone is different as to how they response to a product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts