Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My face just irritated I think since I cannot handle PC's 2% BHA after using RA and I am also using 0.1% RA regular on blackhead on my chest and it's burned because it's so red, maybe I put too much so I learned the lesson not to slatered it like moisturizers.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
thats ur problem then, u slathered the strong RA on ur skin, RA is very concentrated, u only need a dime sized amount, put the RA on top of a dime coin if you need further clarification.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I told you before when I used the J&J (Canada) RA-Micro gel, my skin wasn't irritated obviously the RA I got from ADC seemed much stronger.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
if its peeling like crazy then thats a good sign that its working at exfoliating away the old dead skin cells. This is a good way to tell if your red skin is irritated or if its actually burned: press down on your red irritated skin with two fingers firmly for 10 seconds then let it go and if your skin is left with a WHITE mark of the two fingers then it is burned and if its not white then its normal and just irritated.
ok i guess just irritated. how long is this crazy peeling going to last?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My skin still peeling everyday so when I went shower the dead skin cells got washed away, but it is a good sign it's working.

·
Registered
524 Posts
awww!

pls consider diluting it down with a soothing moisturizer of some sort.

ie, fresh alove vera from the leaf, or aloe vera-based cream/lotion

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
you can but just wait 30 minutes after you have applied the RA to apply anything else and usually apply a thin layer of that something else over it.
my face stopped burning from RA and it doesn't burn or hurt when i touch my face. can i start the RA again or should i wait a couple more days?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
give it another few days then start back on the RA every other night, this time half a pea sized amount. And remember this in teh future, if you are new and starting off with a medication, ALWAYS go for the lowest or the middle strength and work your way up instead of going right for the strongest which can cause burns and scars and other irritations that your skin is not meant to handle.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yes this is a mistake many make. Starting with the highest percentage which is typically prescribed for acne only, although some can tolerate it. Most cant.
From all I've read, the .025% is nearly as effective as the .05%

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
.1%
i don't have a micro-derm cloth, i have to wait till next month for my parents to pay me. (i'm on a college budget here).
i'm just using RA/HQ on my face

21 - 40 of 41 Posts