Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating whether to purchase green cream or retin-a. I know retin-a is hundred times cheaper but still debating. What do you use?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I'm debating whether to purchase green cream or retin-a. I know retin-a is hundred times cheaper but still debating. What do you use?
I know I will not help you decide- I use them both!!
I use RA Mon, Wed, and Fridays and GC Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Sunday is my AHA/BHA day-

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I would go with Retin-A, not only because its cheaper in the long run and green cream could cost you hundreds of dollars per year when used everynight, but Retin-A is stronger and actually changes the physiology of the skin for the better, compared to Green Cream its more potent and effective.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have not tried Green Cream...I
my Retin A and have had great results especially when used with Vitamin C Serum!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Just LUV the RA. In just 2 months I have some improvement. It is so much cheaper!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I would go with Retin-A, not only because its cheaper in the long run and green cream could cost you hundreds of dollars per year when used everynight, but Retin-A is stronger and actually changes the physiology of the skin for the better, compared to Green Cream its more potent and effective.
What he said.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so if you've been using retinol does it reduce the flakes and other side effects when you first start retin-a?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use Retin a and is working great! Some of the smaller brown spots are getting lighter plus my skin feels and looks smoother. ( also use diy vitamin C) Got my retin a from ADC like recommended on here.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
OK so if you've been using retinol does it reduce the flakes and other side effects when you first start retin-a?
No, I think if you are going to have side effects with using Retin A, it doesn't matter what you have previously use.

Orange, what % are you thinking about using? You aren't going to peel like if you were sunburnt. It is more just like a dry, flakey kind of look, if anything at all.

The most that happens for me is if I apply too much around my mouth, I get very chapped on the inside corners. But this is rare, and it is just by applying too much in that area.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm just going to start out with the lowest percentage. I was going to wait and order when my lumigan is more used up but I haven't even opened it yet the rapidlash tube lasts forever!!! I might just buckle down and order it. How long is the average shipping time? Maybe I can plan it around a time when hubby will be out for a few days.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
And smart too, so when are we leaving? You have been evasive on this Aruba offer

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I agree, the main reason though why I started using Green Cream back in feb now is cause my skin is slightly sensative and it has taken me some time to get used to using retinolds or acids in general on my skin!

You just need to find a product that suits your skin type!

However personally im a sucker for saving money any way I can, especially now a days

1 - 15 of 15 Posts