Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have makeup on, so the flakies are more obvious. This is from a few days ago and my skin looks ever so much better. I need to post some "nude" face pics.
I used a tad of RA last night in spots on my face buffered w/moisturizer. I really want those lines out from my mouth GONE!!! The first 3 pics? UGH my nose looks enormous on the macro setting on my cam! EWWW. lol My chin looks sorta rough.. probably from friggin smoking. @@

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
So you are still flaking a little bit? But so far so good, I think it turned out great!!! Compare these pictures to your other ones when you first did the peel-
how many days from then til now?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow... since my TCA spot peel? That was only out from my mouth and nose and it's been 3 weeks????? I'll have to check the properties on those pics LOL I can't remember- but I'm sure it's been 3 weeks since I did that spot peel at least. Man, my face was sooo red after I used that dang mud mask- that lasted for a day or so and the ugly spot on my chin for a few days. My skin looks pretty clear today. Didn't put on makeup, so idk if there are more peelies than I think- they always show up when I put on makeup, BUT the improvement just looking at my bare face over the past few days is impressive.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Oh wow... since my spot peel? That was only out from my mouth and nose and it's been 3 weeks????? I'll have to check the properties on those pics LOL I can't remember- but I'm sure it's been 3 weeks since I did that spot peel at least.
3 weeks???!!!!! Oh gosh don't say that sandia!! What percent did you use that time? I am spot treating at the moment and am dying to do the full face, but just don't want to be cooped up like a chicken at home right now. Plus I am leaving on vacation next weekend...........oh gosh!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just adding- this peeling/flaking is from the RA- not TCA.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, 3 weeks, but I healed FAST from that spot peel. Those flakes are from Retin A and over exfoliating!

THIS is where I spot peeled and I can't even tell I did a peel there now! That area looks normal! This is 5 days out from the spot peel-25%. I did the spot peel on September 24th.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Yeah, 3 weeks, but I healed FAST from that spot peel. Those flakes are from Retin A and over exfoliating!
Ok gottcha!!!!
Thank goodness it wasn't all from the TCA still.

We were just having this discussion about RA and exfoliating on another thread. Let me go grab karenannev to come read this.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok gottcha!!!!
Thank goodness it wasn't all from the TCA still.

We were just having this discussion about RA and exfoliating on another thread. Let me go grab karenannev to come read this.
Noooo. I healed very quickly from the TCA spot peel. I over did the RA and exfoliating. But I've also healed nicely from THAT!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
I was telling karenannev using RA and a good exfoliating cloth like the one from NCN can help with acne scarring. I told her to try doing that before anything else. It helped me with my scarring, but eventually I had to go to TCA and microderms to get the better results.

But using RA and exfoliating is definately worth a try, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Naked face tonight. Still some irritation on my chin and jawline and a couple of spots on my cheeks, but a great improvement from a few days ago!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was telling karenannev using RA and a good exfoliating cloth like the one from NCN can help with acne scarring. I told her to try doing that before anything else. It helped me with my scarring, but eventually I had to go to TCA and microderms to get the better results.

But using RA and exfoliating is definately worth a try, in my opinion.
If Sephora or Bath And Body Works does not have a good exfoliating cloth I'm ordering one from NCN tomorrow or the next day. Got to have one!! I'm gonna let my skin recover from the TCA peels and in a few months go after those lines again. It's the lines I want to really go after. The rest of my skin is fine, really. I just hate the broken capillaries at the edges of my nose. Glad makeup covers that ugliness.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ewwwwww. When I look in the mirror my under eye area doesn't look that bad! Maybe the lighting in those pics! ACK.

·
Registered
713 Posts
sania1 your shore lookin good girl!!!!

I have never peeled after using RA...I really feel like I do but I think mine is more like fine dust!!!! Does that make sense

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
I think it looks amazing. I don't think your eye area looks bad at all. Your skin has a nice glow to it.

I sure wish I could figure out how to upload pictures from my camera-

I would do before and afters. Also, then I could post my results from latisses.

MAYBE.......I could ask SANTA for a new computer for Christmas-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you, ladies! Aren't we all our worst critics? I just said to heck with it and ordered the microcleansing cloth from NCN a minute ago. Beats going to the Mall (Mall to me = Hell.)

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think it looks amazing. I don't think your eye area looks bad at all. Your skin has a nice glow to it.

gymrat I have tried to post pictures, sandia1 told me how to do it but it did not work for me at all! I want to show everybody how my eyes have changed colour since using Rapidlash!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Girlie, don't you have the USB cord for the camera? You should have a disc from the box that uploads the software for the cam. I have a Kodak and I just open Kodak, plug in the USB cord and turn on my camera and it does all the work. The program itself has editing/cropping features. I use other programs to resize pics if they are too huge.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gymrat I have tried to post pictures, sandia1 told me how to do it but it did not work for me at all! I want to show everybody how my eyes have changed colour since using Rapidlash!
RATS!! I swear, I'm not a computer expert!! Just scroll down below the box where you are typing *unless it's quick text* and it will give you a box that says "manage attachments" hit browse to find you pics, select and click upload. Do this for every picture. When it shows your pics uploaded in that box, just "x" out of it and click post. Voila! You have to make sure that after you select you picture from "browse" that you click UPLOAD. It may take a few seconds, then it will show "blah blah jpg." and then you x out of that box and post! Bwhaaaaa. Just uploaded a pic of some wild blue Bare Escentuals eye shadow I got a few months ago.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Girlie, don't you have the USB cord for the camera? You should have a disc from the box that uploads the software for the cam. I have a Kodak and I just open Kodak, plug in the USB cord and turn on my camera and it does all the work. The program itself has editing/cropping features. I use other programs to resize pics if they are too huge.
Oh yes I have the USB cord. My problem is the pictures are too big to upload. It has been a problem for awhile. I have even emailed them to Susan and she can't seem to get them too load either. I don't have a problem emailing pictures or anything. I just can't seem to get them to upload on this site. It is weird.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts