Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question: I have been using Renova for a month now and just recently started using vit. c. serum underneath it at night. I don't buffer the retin a anymore since I am using the serum and I have noticed that I have stopped peeling. Is it okay that I'm not peeling? I just thought that peeling was part of the process of keeping the wrinkles at bay. Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have really debated on when to use it and was using it in the morning but didn't have enough time to wait 20 minutes extra minutes in the morning for it to sink in. I also use a benzoyl peroxide treatment in the morning and I know the BP and Vit. C don't mix. I don't thing retin a and BP don't mix either! so I kind-of see myself stuck unless I just stop the BP

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I have really debated on when to use it and was using it in the morning but didn't have enough time to wait 20 minutes extra minutes in the morning for it to sink in. I also use a benzoyl peroxide treatment in the morning and I know the BP and Vit. C don't mix. I don't thing retin a and BP don't mix either! so I kind-of see myself stuck unless I just stop the BP
You could use a good neutral or lower PH cleanser (easier said than done) and not have to wait any time after cleansing before applying the C serum.

Info on pH and product application wait times

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hmmmm. So after I cleanse with my MD Forte 30% Glycolic cleanser, should I wait a while after I apply the thin 30% lotion before applying the moisturizer??

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
WOW your using BP and RA? Be careful. I would really either stick with the BP or stick with the RA, but not use both. I am not a fan of BP because of the effects it causes later on to your skin. It may clear your skin for now, but later down the road it does some damage. Here is some info on it. In case you are interested-

Smart Skin Care: Acne and skin aging

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Kiera,

I think that Renova needs to be used alone.

The Vitamin C serum is almost certainly interfering with the effectiveness of the Renova. That's probably why any peeling has stopped,

Hope this helps,

redrose

·
Registered
140 Posts
My understanding is that renova and vitamin C need to be used about 12 hours apart. Vitamin C in the morning and renova at night. I think Red Rose is correct that the vitamin C is interfering with the renova.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay guys, thank you! I think I'm getting it now! It sounds like I'll being doing the Vit. C in the morning. Gymrat, I have not read that article yet, but I'm getting ready to read it. I use BP by sage skincare and it's only 5%. It also has like aloe vera in it etc. but I may be changeing my mind about that too!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Okay guys, thank you! I think I'm getting it now! It sounds like I'll being doing the Vit. C in the morning. Gymrat, I have not read that article yet, but I'm getting ready to read it. I use BP by sage skincare and it's only 5%. It also has like aloe vera in it etc. but I may be changeing my mind about that too!
Kiera if you are having success with the BP product, stick with it. It just isn't a fav of mine. 5% is a low percent, and you may not need to worry about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts