Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Retin A .05% (from medsmex) for two months and only peeled for a couple weeks of the first month and then nothing. I use vit. c serum in the morning and just straight retin a at night---no buffering. Do you think it's working even though I'm not peeling?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yes, no reason to believe it's not working. Everyone's skin reacts differently to it. Some peel like yourself for a couple of weeks, others much longer. My peeling days are long gone. Been using it over 10 years. Although I will get the ocassional flake or two.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's so funny because I really expected a plague of dry skin and pimples (and I did for a little bit) but fawnie gave me some good advice about buffering and everything calmed down. Now i used it straight.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
wow peri, you used retin-A for 10 years? did u take a break or was it 10 years straight? you skin must be in impeccable condition and you must look like a teenager.
Actually, he looks like a baby, just look at his avatar!!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
wow peri, you used retin-A for 10 years? did u take a break or was it 10 years straight? you skin must be in impeccable condition and you must look like a teenager.
Hardly.
....Although I do often get the "Young man" remark. I'll be 43 real soon.Yep pretty much 10+ straight years. Only the last few months have I been using it daily. Before that it was every other day. Been using it on my arms the last few months and am just getting over the uglies there. Undoing the damage those arms can take. My favorite thing about Tretinoin is it's helping to undoe the daily damage that gets through my sunscreen and C serum, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I have looked for Retin A cream but I have not had any luck. A friend of mine told me about this site called medicinesmexico.com she said I could find it there but I have never ordered medicine on line. How was the service you got from mexmeds? I hope you can let me know. I really need the cream. Thanks...

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. New here. I need some advice! So, I had been using Philosophy's Help me retinol cream for the last month or so, and I didn't really notice any changes in my skin. I came across the Dermadoctor website and found Poetry in Lotion(1% intensive retinol treatment, not sure what the % is in the help me cream). I bought it, used it for 2 nights in a row, and now my face is red, sensitive, and leathery, ugly!!! I prob. shouldn't have used it 2 consec. nights, but if anyone can tell me what I can do to calm my skin down I would appreciate it! Btw, I'm Kelly, 38yof. w/fine lines around eyes, mouth, 11's between eyes. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi. New here. I need some advice! So, I had been using Philosophy's Help me retinol cream for the last month or so, and I didn't really notice any changes in my skin. I came across the Dermadoctor website and found Poetry in Lotion(1% intensive retinol treatment, not sure what the % is in the help me cream). I bought it, used it for 2 nights in a row, and now my face is red, sensitive, and leathery, ugly!!! I prob. shouldn't have used it 2 consec. nights, but if anyone can tell me what I can do to calm my skin down I would appreciate it! Btw, I'm Kelly, 38yof. w/fine lines around eyes, mouth, 11's between eyes. Thanks in advance!
Emu oil or even a little jojoba oil is what I would use. When my skin is a little on the redish/sensitive side from using RA I will use a little skinactives antioxidant booster serum mixed with a little jojoba or emu oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have also been using the .05 Retacnyl (Tretinoin) from Medsmex and have had no side effects at all... no redness, peeling, etc. I have been using it for about 4 weeks and am wondering if I am wasting my time with this. It's made by Galderma.. and is the same thing as Renova. Should I use retin-a instead? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi! I have been on Retrieve (Tretinoin 0.05%) for the last 2.5 months. I use it mostly every night or every second night. Recently, I’ve noticed that my face feels very dry during the day, I’m constantly aware of some tightness, discomfort... I stoped using it for the last 3 nights, applying rosehip oil or avocado oil morning and night. It's still doesn’t feel right. Did I damage my skin by Retrieve? Is it a common side effect? Do I have to stop it all together?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Oh, I always thought Retin A and Vitamin C canceled out each other.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've searched but haven't found the answer. Should a gentle pH 4.5-5.5 cleanser be used before retin-a or an exfoliating cleanser? What about in the am opposite retin-a?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've searched but haven't found the answer. Should a gentle pH 4.5-5.5 cleanser be used before retin-a or an exfoliating cleanser? What about in the am opposite retin-a?
For me it's been MDFormulations Glycolic cleanser with 14% AHA at night. Apply to dry face, rinse then pat dry. Let your skin dry completely before
using the RetinA. In am I have been using Clinique Redness solutions. (I got these suggestions from somewhere else and they seem pretty good.)

If you get/find a good recipe for a DIY cleanser would you share, please???

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts