Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am 44 and have been reading the posts for a few weeks on this great site and have found some good tips. I have bought some Retin A cream and Vitamin C Serum to help reduce my wrinkles and would like to know if the routine I have started is correct!

Mornings - wash face with gentle cleanser. Wait til skin is dry and apply 6 drops of Vit C. Wait a while (1/2 hour??) and then apply moisturiser containing SPF 30+.

Every other evening - wash face. Wait til skin is dry then apply a pea sized amount of Retin A cream all over face (avoiding lips). No moisturiser.

Other evenings - just regular night cream.

Gently exfoliate a couple times a week.

How am I doing?

Many thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Hi everyone. I am 44 and have been reading the posts for a few weeks on this great site and have found some good tips. I have bought some Retin A cream and Vitamin C Serum to help reduce my wrinkles and would like to know if the routine I have started is correct!

Mornings - wash face with gentle cleanser. Wait til skin is dry and apply 6 drops of Vit C. Wait a while (1/2 hour??) and then apply moisturiser containing SPF 30+.

Every other evening - wash face. Wait til skin is dry then apply a pea sized amount of Retin A cream all over face (avoiding lips). No moisturiser.

How am I doing?

Welcome to the site. Use the C serum on your hands, neck and arms as well. Make sure your cleanser has a PH of 5.5 or less or you'll need to wait around 20-30 minutes before applying the serum after washing.
Yes wait 20-30 minutes after applying the serum to apply anything else.
Every other evening is fine with Retin-A...Many use it everynite.
Some believe you should not use a moisturizer after Retin-A. I used to think this way. I read it might interfere with the actions of the product. Most don't think it is an issue. I use a moisturizer now after a 1 hour wait. Actually jojoba or macadamia oil.
Consider a micofiber cloth for exfoliation. Do a search here.

Use Retinoids the Right Way

Info on pH and product application wait times

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome to the site. Use the C serum on your hands, neck and arms as well. Make sure your cleanser has a PH of 5.5 or less or you'll need to wait around 20-30 minutes before applying the serum after washing.
Yes wait 20-30 minutes after applying the serum to apply anything else.
Every other evening is fine with Retin-A...Many use it everynite.
Some believe you should not use a moisturizer after Retin-A. I used to think this way. I read it might interfere with the actions of the product. Most don't think it is an issue. I use a moisturizer now after a 1 hour wait. Actually jojoba or macadamia oil.
Consider a micofiber cloth for exfoliation. Do a search here.

Use Retinoids the Right Way

Info on pH and product application wait times
Peri...I'm was going to put some Emu Oil in with my RA tonight to buffer the RA cream, since I have done my peel my 0.05% is irritating my skin, do you think it will reduce the effectiveness of the RA?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Peri, which sunblock r u using now?
I'm using Bioderma Photoderm Max 50+ (actually spf 100)
It's a 400ml spray bottle that I took the spray pump off cause I hate spray sunscreens. I can measure the amount to be used easier also. (1/4 tsp for the face and 1/4 tsp for the neck)
I'm only using this one till it runs out. Will be my summer sunscreen cause the rays are stronger. I'm using Garnier Ambre Solaire uv sensitive spf 50+ (your favorite) for my hands and arms. Will use this on face/neck as well after the Bioderma runs out.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Peri...I'm was going to put some Emu Oil in with my RA tonight to buffer the RA cream, since I have done my peel my 0.05% is irritating my skin, do you think it will reduce the effectiveness of the RA?
All I know is it should buffer it.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I'm using Bioderma Photoderm Max 50+ (actually spf 100)
It's a 400ml spray bottle that I took the spray pump off cause I hate spray sunscreens. I can measure the amount to be used easier also. (1/4 tsp for the face and 1/4 tsp for the neck)
I'm only using this one till it runs out. Will be my summer sunscreen cause the rays are stronger. I'm using Garnier Ambre Solaire uv sensitive spf 50+ (your favorite) for my hands and arms. Will use this on face/neck as well after the Bioderma runs out.
Peri I took the spray off of mine and added a pump to it. I also poured some in another container to take with me. Why do you use one for your face and neck and another for your hands and arms???

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Peri I took the spray off of mine and added a pump to it. I also poured some in another container to take with me. Why do you use one for your face and neck and another for your hands and arms???
Premium for the face/neck......regular unleaded for the arms/hands

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts

How am I doing?

I too moisturize after waiting an hour after applying my RA. I either use plain jojoba or another moisturizer. Also, you can apply the RA to the lips. And yes like peri mentioned get a good microfiber cloth for exfoliating. Makes a huge difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts