Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,i was reading some page on the internet about tretinoin,and i've none that this could lighten up hyperpigmentation and also the normal skin to a lighter shade.and also you repeatly can cause loss of pigment or lighten of the skin.have any one here used retin-a?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
the majority of the people here use Retin-A as an exfoliant, it removes dead skin cells rapidly while changing the physiology of damaged skin, it interferes with the melanocytes so less melanin is produced which makes the skin lighter in addition to the old skin thats been exfoliated away, revealing younger looking skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Many of us are & it works very well; esp if a person uses HQ4% as well. For some reason, the 2 creams augment eachothers' effects. Derms say that RA & it's exfoliating effect helps the HQ absorb better. In formulations where the 2 are mixed together (like Tri-Luma & DHR cream) somehow (derms have documented this but cannot yet explain it) both work more effectively. RA is strong, though; & many people's skin can't tolerate it. If you're thinking of trying it, get the weakest strength first (0.025%) then, as your skin adjusts, work your way up.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well GLUTA C whitening cream contains tretinoin along with kojic, arbutin, vit c. Its by funky mommy. Check out they wedsite.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Haiji! Love the new Avatar! Reminds me of MJ when he was at the pinnacle of his career.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts