Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried Retin-A for the first time today. I've never used it before, so I began with a pretty low dose (0.5). I'm planning on using it three times a week (Monday, Wednsday and Saturday), does that sound like a good idea? When I get older I'll use it everyday, but I don't think that's necessary right now. I'm also planning on ordering Green Cream 3 instead of Retin-A since it's more favourable.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Unless you have acne or any signs of skin aging I highly recommen you not use retin-a yet. At 20 your skin is not even fully mature and unless you are using it for acne you are wasting your money. You should minimally wait until you are 25 to begin therapy with retin-a at which point it will stave off any future aging but it needs to be used with sun-avoidance.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I agree with lexi. They do say that retin a should be used when you get to 30 really! However you could start using the Green Cream in your late twentys ot when you first start seeing your first signs of aging!

You do not want to damage your skin by using the wrongs products, and this is very possible to do! All you need is basic skin care in your twentys and SPF!

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should be using the product the way your doctor says to use it. The only way to get this product is with a prescription...use it exactly the way you were told. If it becomes to irritating tell the dr. There are ways to reduce irritation. Also...and this is important....to ge the full benifit of Retin A, use only at night! Also use on a very dry face. Wait until at least 20 min after washing your face before applying

1 - 4 of 4 Posts