Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Your face gets has the ability to adapt to the retin-a product. You might even want to start every other night to see how that goes.

You seem a bit confused though, because you're using a product that helps in acne control, but you're also using anti-aging products. If you have oily acne-prone skin, you don't need the anti-aging stuff since its designed for a completely different skin type.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I might be confused : ( lol

trying to get my crap together here

Want my face to look and feel great (I am assuming I need to grab some mild anti aging?)

I'm not too acne prone really

Should I look at skinbiology.com's CP's?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I've never used that product so I can't vouch for it either way. You're going to have to test it yourself and find out.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You seem a bit confused though, because you're using a product that helps in acne control, but you're also using anti-aging products. If you have oily acne-prone skin, you don't need the anti-aging stuff since its designed for a completely different skin type."
Now Freddy has confused me. I too am using Retin-A and am using it to fight against wrinkles. It is not just for acne-control.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
In my opinion there are better alternatives for wrinkles. Retin A is generally indicated for acne control.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
In my opinion there are better alternatives for wrinkles. Retin A is generally indicated for acne control.
You could not be more wrong. Please dont mislead folks here like this. Retin-A is the most studied and proven agent against the prevention of wrinkles and the treatment of wrinkles outside of surgery, botox, etc.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
So which brand with Retin A is the most effective?
No real consensus as to which brand is best. Buy your Retin-A (Tretinoin) at
alldaychemist.com...........their prices are insanely low. Shipping is kinda high, but order several tubes and it pays off. Lowest prices I know of.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You could not be more wrong. Please dont mislead folks here like this. Retin-A is the most studied and proven agent against the prevention of wrinkles and the treatment of wrinkles outside of surgery, botox, etc.
How about you don't get your panties in a bunch and you calm yourself? I said IN MY OPINION did I not?

I'm not misleading anyone, if anything I've done nothing but contributed quality information on this board, which is more than I can say about you...

I still stand behind my statement and I will go even further and say that I believe that there are many better alternatives to Retin-A.

Next time if you have a bone to pick with me, pm me. Don't try to make me out to seem like I'm some deceiving liar. I don't sell any facial products so I have no reason to lie.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was just perscribed Retin-A today. My doctor said it works good for acne and anti-aging like wrinkles as well. My doctor just perscribed it for me for my acne probs. Maybe they work just as good for both since I noticed someone also mention they were perscribed it for wrinkles.

Answer to your questions:
When is it best to use it?

My doctor recommend I use it at night before bed

Where on your face?
My doctor recommended me to use it all over my face

This is just apart of my personalized skincare program that my doctor perscribed for me, so you might want to ask your doctor what is best for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts