Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear alot of people talk of this Retin A, now is this to get rid of wrinkles? And how exactly do you use it, do you have to mix it with something. And what does Vit C do to your skin. These are the main things I hear people on here use, they seem popular around here. I just dont know how I would go about using them if I was to start it. I plan on getting some Xtendlife, but want to know about these other products as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Nothing I have tried has made a difference in my skin like Retin A has. I have been using it for 3 months. Yes it softens wrinkles and builds collagen. I love the DIY Vit C serum as it brightens my skin and gives it a nice glow. I use the RA at night and the Vit C during the day ALWAYS wear sunscreen never go without it especially using these items. Start with the lowest % of RA and you may not have to buffer it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the xtendlife alone wont soften my wrinkles? It seems like it has all the right ingredients to get the job done! I was hoping it would. I hate how you have to buy a bunch of different products to get some results.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I just started xtendlife a few days ago so I can't say for sure what results you can get from it. So far I find that it is very nice for day use on my oily skin. I upped the % on the RA and I do need a good moisturizer during the day and this works well it soaks in FAST and doesn't leave me oily or shiny. RA is CHEAP you can buy it at ADC for a few $$$ a tube. The shipping is high so be sure to make a list before you buy know what you want and get it all at once or share the shipping with a friend. I use RA at night, Vit C wait 20 min the the Xtendlife and then my sunscreen not a lot of products and it is all working very well for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just getting ready to ask where to get retin A at. WHat is ADC? And I thought I neede a prescription to get this? I have sensitive skin, so should I get 0.1%?
Thanks. ANd where do you all get the ingredients to make the Vit C at? Is it expensive?
Thanks for your help goatlady!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
So the xtendlife alone wont soften my wrinkles? It seems like it has all the right ingredients to get the job done! I was hoping it would. I hate how you have to buy a bunch of different products to get some results.
Though many seem to rave about Extendlife around here, it is not proven like other things such as Tretinoin (retin-a) vitamin C serum, etc.
Topical Skin Rejuvenation Treatments

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
LNL I started using the RA 0.1% and I am peeling a lot and needed it. I was using the 0.5% and upped it recently. Now I am peeling like crazy. The Xtendlife soaks in right away and does NOT leave my skin oily whatsoever. It is turning out to be great for someone like me. Gives just enough moisture.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Agreed Peri not proven for now just a nice moisturizer for a person with oily skin. That is about all I can say about it at this point.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How long will 1 tube last?

Im wondering if I should get the RAM [?Retin-micro?] instead, in the top thread on this forum someone mentioned that it was better for sensitive skin.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
What size tube?
a 15 g tube probably a month depending on how much you use and where.

RAM 0.04% is a good place to start. Less irritating, but still a little bit if you've never used RA before. I would use it 2-3 times a week to start and go up from there as you can tolerate it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe it said 20gm. Well, Im gonna go figure out which one I should try...Im a little afraid of it though, since I just had a bad reaction with a loreal product. Of course I am waiting for my skin to get better first before I put anything on it, which I do see improvemetn btw, so I think I will stick to the less irritating type for now. Thanks for all your help peoples!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I believe it said 20gm. Well, Im gonna go figure out which one I should try...Im a little afraid of it though, since I just had a bad reaction with a loreal product. Of course I am waiting for my skin to get better first before I put anything on it, which I do see improvemetn btw, so I think I will stick to the less irritating type for now. Thanks for all your help peoples!
By the time your retin-A comes, your skin should be healed from the reaction to the Loreal product. Depending on your location, it could take two weeks to get your products from ADC, but it is well worth the wait! The retin-A with the diy serum provides great skin care results! The diy bug will bite you soon, trust me!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I hear alot of people talk of this Retin A, now is this to get rid of wrinkles? And how exactly do you use it, do you have to mix it with something. And what does Vit C do to your skin. These are the main things I hear people on here use, they seem popular around here. I just dont know how I would go about using them if I was to start it. I plan on getting some Xtendlife, but want to know about these other products as well.
Thanks

babs4u
you should not jump into anything right away, take time, read, study on our sight (which I think is the best) but also Google Retin A. We get really excited about our products but most of us do our homework first. I have used Retin A daily for 2 years and I just love it, it helps firm my skin and I believe it keeps wrinkles from forming....but you do need to find out what is right for you. Since coming to this sight I have found many cost effective skin care options. So have fun and take time to do things right for you.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm peeling like he!! right now from my RA. I used it too often and also after my last spot peel and I used a dead sea salt mask and OMG I thought I would die before I washed that stuff off my face! My face looked like I had just put 30% TCA on it! It was a day before my entire face wasn't beet red. Was trying to get the peelies off. OMG! Now it's just places that are red and I have patches of scaly places- not very bad. I'm gonna hold off on the RA except on my forehead and crow's feet area for a week or so. By damn, after a year I better look 5 years younger! LOL Seriously, this is good stuff! Between this and the Vit. C serum, my skin is glowing apart from the red places!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I have looked like a snake shedding its skin for 2 days! Wow!! I mean scaly! I look like I have done a light chemical peel. I still am scaly after the Dead Sea mask that I didn't even let dry on my face. I'm using some Neutrogena pads to gently scrub, and wowza! The scales on my face! I have a bad spot on the left side of my chin. I think I'm going to buffer my RA with a tad of moisturizer when I begin using it again. I find it VERY hard to spread a pea sized drop of RA all over my face, so maybe I've been using too much?? This is a PEEL!! LOL I had makeup on when hubby got home yesterday and my skin was so tight! I put my mineral mu on mixed with primer and it still looked flaky, and that one spot on my chin burned. I washed my face and used my low end clarisonic (not a clarisonic) on low to exfoliate and used emu/jojoba and grapeseed oil on my face, then some antibiotic and steroid cream. I looked like a burn victim!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts