Skin Care Talk banner

Review Tonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Cream

89K views 325 replies 67 participants last post by  strongerrrr 
#1 ·
Review of Tonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Cream w/ 10% Sepiwhite

1) Is Tonique a Fair&Flawless rip off?
I thought the same thing too, but with research, speaking with them (and their chemist too) and having the cream analyzed by my cosmetic chemist friend, the answer is NO. The Tonique contains 10% Sepiwhite (5% more than FF) and also has ingredients such as Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Arbutin, Kojic Dipalmate, etc. Although it doesnt contain herbs such as tamarind, oregano and others like the FF, it compensates for it by using higher concentrations of all of the above actives. Fair&Flawless has a low concentration of Lactic Acid, Tonique has a higher one which is ESSENTIAL in helping accelerate the lightening process.

2) How does the price compare to FF?
The Tonique 4 ounce lightening cream or gel is 100 dollars; a 4 ounce of FF 5xf gel is 159.00 dollars.

3) What is the consistency of the cream?
It is a silky moisturizer type cream that instantly absorbs into your skin without leaving a residue and has natural floral fragrance that smells almost as good as F&F.

4) What was my 1-week, 14 application experience with Tonique 10x?
My hyperpigmentation is gone by 90%. I have used HQ/RA for 3 months, the I switched to FF 5xf lightening gel for one week, and now I'm using this. Although it seems like this is great for hyperpigmentation areas, I was curious and used it on my face too. After two applications on my face, people were asking me if I was sick since I had no color what-so-ever and it was milky white so that leads me to conclude that this 10% sepiwhite cream is EXCELLENT for Fitz IV-V who are looking to lightening several shades
The best part of the Tonique 10x Cream is that since it contains sepiwhite, sepiwhite has a VERY stable chemical structure under broad daylight, so you can have it on during the day under the sunblock without having to worry about getting rebound hyperpigmentation or darkening like you would with HQ 4%. Also, sepiwhite works quickly which is why people see results in 5 to 7 days because of its chemical structure which does not get easily broken by environmental factors.

5) What's my verdict on Tonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Cream?
Go for it. This does not contain any harmful ingredients, heavy metals, steroids, etc. It has 10% sepiwhite concentration which is formulated to penetrate and stay active on your skin.

6) What are the common concerns of people looking to purchase this or FF products with sepiwhite?
People often tell me via PM that the cost is outrageous compared to the price it takes to DIY. I agree, HOWEVER, most of us who handled sepiwhite, me, ondine, and other have failed to formulate it CORRECTLY in high concentration which is why we didnt see any result after months. The Tonique and F&F has an effective recipe for formulation sepiwhite in high concentrations which is why people see results. I am talking to my cosmetic chemist friend to draft a recipe for an effective formula.

7) What to expect upon daily applications?
For some people like Keishak and I, there may be a purging period where all the impurities from underneath the skin surface in tiny little bumps that look like razor bumps, this is normal and it goes away with regular use and EXFOLIATION. Once the cream settles in, the purging will be gone.

For furthur review purposes I will stick with it for a full month but I am going right back to Fair and Flawless since I have to use it up and I love its added herbs in the formulation.

See less See more
#5 ·
LNL this is something that worked really fast for me too. I'm glad to see that you had it tested because I was beginning to wonder how something natural can lighten so quickly. I am using the lotion on my body now and that works really well too. My body is going to be caught up to the color of my face soon too and then I think I will go easier on the products and use only for maintenance.

#7 ·
the HPLC tests came out negative for heavy metals, steroids, mercury, and toxins.

@ Lansing: you being skeptical is your dilemma, the askmehelpdesk.com reviews and their drama has nothing to do with my independent review on a product which I ordered, tested, and used.

#9 ·
Idk yet, if it gets rid of my body hyperpigmentation by 100% or more than the current 90% by the end of the month then I'll have a definite answer on my preference for you. RA however, I will use for the rest of my life since Retin-A is one of the only topicals that works to repair cellular DNA damage.

#10 ·
I wish I could say the same about RA. I noticed it gives me baby soft skin but it highlights scars while using it along with sensitivity such as redness, easily broken skin and blemishes, and more. I'm going to continue to work with RA in a manner that works for me. I checked out the askmehelpdesk thread and its been locked due to a member having multiple accounts to hype this product and they were exposed.

#11 ·
HI LNL,
Thanks for the review on the Tonique!! As for comparing it to the HQ/RA combo, did it cause any kind of skin irritation (other than the intial purging stage), redness, or peeling like RA does? Can you alternate, like use Tonique in the morning and RA at night? Would using the RA help combat the purging stage? I ask because ive been using RA .05 cream and for the past couple days I have been lobster red! last night i used some taz instead but want to continue using RA to keep my skin clear from blemishes and dont want any scary breakouts from the tonique...Thanks!!!!

#12 ·
It didnt cause any skin irritation (expect for some dryness but you can counter that with a moisturizer), there was no redness or peeling. You can alternate, use Tonique during the day and RA at night. You the RA every night regardless of whichever whitening cream you use during the day b/c the RA will keep your skin fresh and ready for the other products. Lobster red? Start applying half a pea sized amount of the RA all over and wait an hour after to apply a moisturizer (use a pea sized of the moisturizer), your redness should subside but if it doesnt then use RA ever other day and your lightening cream twice a day on the day you skip the RA.

#13 ·
Thanks LNL for the RA tip!! I will start using a moisturizer about an hour afterwards and see if that helps. My face looks and feels as if its really sunburned, which i know cant be the case since im not out in the sun and wear spf 85+..really sucks cuz i was doing so well with the RA! Anyhow, I just put an order in for the Tonique and requested second day air delivery, so hopefully it gets here fast...ill keep you guys updated on the progress

#14 ·
LNL I enjoy reading your posts, you actually have chemists test products for you? Wow, Please newbies when reading comments, REMEMBER LNL is most definitely in a league of his own!!!

#15 ·
I used to work at Sloan Ketterin Cancer Center Rockefeller Research Laboratory for 2 years, we used a machine called the HPLC - High Performance Liquid Chromatography which separates, identifies, and quatifies compounds (drugs, some cosmetics, etc.). I made friends there who can easily test any product to see if its harmful or not, I also have access to their medical library.

#16 ·
Well you are definitely a blessing to many here. Thanks &

#18 ·
Well I was going to try the F&F first, I have sensitive skin so the HQ/RA routine might not work, but reading the tonique thread now I may well try that, I hope it works on the usual problem areas...I will keep you posted on how I get on. Cheers..

#25 ·
great stuff LNL, i have ordered the gel and plan to use it on my face with the RA. i hope the gel is as good as the cream...and i hope i dont get more break outs, i get enough purging from the Ra/HQ. i have been on this now for almost 5 weeks, i see improvement in my acne but still get new ones just when i think its almost gone

#26 ·
Dont use the Tonique gel and RA together, use the gel during the day when you are not using RA because the tonique and also Fair&Flawless has other acids such as glycolic, lactic and sepiwhite (at 10% concentration it also exfoliates as well as lighten) so you dont need the RA but if you want to try them together then be prepared for very dry skin. Use the RA every other night alone and the Tonique every day and on the nights you dont use RA.

#30 ·
well if thats the case then use the RA every night and Tonique gel during the day and leave the HQ out, you want your skin to benefit from the full effects of the RA without buffering it with the HQ when you use it together, so its best to leave it out, and if you have acne you should definitely move upto RA 0.1% gel which is recommended by doctors for acne.

#31 ·
ok i'll take your advice and leave the HQ out, but am not sure about the 0.1 ra upgrade, i used the gel on my body and i get itchy and redness, so i dont use it any more.. do you think i should try the 0.1 gel just on the areas where i have acne, which is mostly my forehead and chin/cheeks area?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.