Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they? Short-term and long-term risk using HQ? Will side-effects be present after stopping use of HQ?

Is there actually proof and studies in human that suggest its cancerous and can damage our internal organs and body mechanisms?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
No such risks associated with HQ at concentrations of 2-4%, you are safe even if you use it for years and years at these concentrations which should be ENOUGH to lighten you if you are consistent/patient with it. If you use it at very high concentrations of 10-20% for prolonged period of time then you will experience rebound darkening and ochronosis at extreme cases. There are no actual proof and no studies conducted in HUMANS that suggest it is cancerous and can damage internal organs/body mechanisms. The study that was done were on rats who were subjected to 200 TIMES the regular HQ dosage, not even humans can use that much.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're very informative as always. How long have you been using HQ at 4%? Also, I just don't want to end up like the photos in here.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I have been using HQ 4% for about 5 months to get rid of my beach hyperpigmentation on my body, its been working so far and it will take 6 more months I presume. You cant end up like that if you used HQ 4% with sunblock and retin-A, no way Jose. I assure you, you are good to go.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
467 Posts
i used tri-luma one time my,dermatologist recommend me,it works so fast,i got light really fast,to fast..good product....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts