Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have been using this skincare for a few months now. Since I have been using this product I noticed that my skin has become extremely sensitive to sun exposure. I waxed my upper lip and neck and it took a layer of skin off. Can anyone give some feedback? Not sure if I want to continue with it.
I am in search of a product that will actually work.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Ouch that does sound sensitive! by chance are using some sort of peel? Maybe if you really like the products, don't use them the day before you are going to wax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some of ROC products have retinol in them which will make your skin delicate and sensitive to the sun. Also make sure the wax is at an ideal temparature, if the wax is too hot, it will peel the top layer off. I'm not saying that is what happened in your case but you can never be too safe....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Make sure that your skin is 100% dry as well before waxing. I always put a bit of talc on the area. I've used Roc products and have never had that happen to me and I too have really sensitive skin....hope that you heal soon

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Have you though about trying those cold waxing strips, that come prepared already? no heating involved. It might make a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts