Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fed up with the garbage pills and creams the dermatologists keeping spewing out at their patients. I've been going for the past 5 years and it's always 'Keep trying this' or 'This MAY work' and yet there's been minimal results. Clearly I'm not the only one with this problem as I see plenty of people on here ranting about the same issue; other chat boards as well.

Infact, I went to the dermatologist today and he prescribed the same crap but slighty different medical ingredients. I felt like my head was going to explode. I wanted to say something but wasnt sure how and didnt want to sound ignorant because he's just dismiss the idea right away. Waiting 5 months to see him made it even worse.

The doctor at the clinic which I have to see to get a referal to see the dermatologist, had also said it was rosacea. Both dermatologists Ive seen have fed me the same crap. ' Moderate form of acne' 'It'll go away over time'
'Its nothing serious' I wonder how some of these doctors get their degrees.
And with looking over this board and others, like I said before, Im not the only one experiencing these problem.

I just need something to reduce the redness in my face as much as possible. It's always beat red like I just ran a marathon and with the ''blochy-ness'' and little scars it looks even worse than it should. Someone even mentioned to me I looked like I got a bad tan because of the rings around my eyes; the only spots the redness doesnt show up. How embarrassing is that?

It's just so frustrating. Just one big 'cancer' 'disease' where it matters most and at the worst possible time of my life. Its absolutely depressing because my skin used to look so nice, had a few girlfriends, and now I cant even look someone in the face.... It gets even worse than that.. but anyway

//End rant.

Anyway, the whole point of this thread is that I heard something about laser therapy. Laser treatment etc. This is what I wanted to mention earlier today but didnt know how because I dont know anything about it. I just heard about it recently.

Is the laser Therapy/treatment effective? Costly?(Quite frankly I dont care what it costs) Does it take a long time to see results? Can anyone provide info on this? I desperately need help. Really don't know what else to do

Is it really that much to ask to have nice looking skin?.. Luck of the irish my ***.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well where I live there's 2 dermatologists for about 200,000 people and one of them is part time only.

The creams he gave me have hardly worked granted it's been about a month and I know these things dont work overnight but at the rate it's moving, it would take years to clear up. Plus it's only making the scars fade, not the redness.

Also I've stopped trying with all the natural products and trying things such as 'lemon juice' as a toner or whatever it's meant to be used as. They dont work at all and I play hockey 4 days a week and eat/drink healthy so excerise and staying in good shape isnt an issue with my face.

One thing that concerns me though is that maybe it's not all genetic. When I was younger I use to play outside literally everyday and because of that maybe the sun has damaged my skin. Ive heard things about sun and environmental damage and wonder if that's had any effect on me now. Maybe chlorine damage since I often wouldnt take showers after going to the pool when I was younger, or after hockey sometimes either. A combonation of hair gel and sweat doesnt exactly favour your skin.

maybe i'm worrying about noting but does anyone know for sure if those above can have an effect?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts