Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to two derms that tell me that the pinkish-red, itchy, dry, somewhat scaly blotchy areas on the sides of my face are rosacea. I am not convinced I have rosacea. For some reason, I do not believe this is what I have. I never had rosacea before. I think if per chance I do have rosacea, it must have been steroid induced from using Mupirocin ointment and Hydrocortisone at 2.5% on my face as given to me by a derm for some abrasions I had on my face last year in February, but my skin had healed nicely and I just started having this pink skin this year.

Anyway, my symptoms seem to sound more like facial mites to me....which can cause rosacea. Aside from the pink itchy dry blotchy areas on my face, I tend to feel itchy on other parts of my body. The itchiness feels like bugs are crawling on me. I feel this sensation on my scalp also even though I have been using dandruff shampoo for a long time now.

I feel this bug crawling sensations even more when I wash my face with water, apply moisturizer, am in a humid, hot place....

I just don't know what to do anymore. Any ideas from anyone as to what is happening to my skin?

I am using Biafine right now that I found in my pantry from when I had been to a dermatologist a long time ago and they had given it to me for healing abrasions. I've read on the net that it is ok to use as a moisturizer as well....so if anyone also has experience with Biafine and rosacea....please let me know!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Is metrogel safe? I have very sensitive skin. When I used hydrocortisone prescribed by my last derm I went to, my skin got messed up and red and I think a layer of skin came off in a small area on my face.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Please, what are facial mites?
Parasites on or within the skin?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've been to two derms that tell me that the pinkish-red, itchy, dry, somewhat scaly blotchy areas on the sides of my face are rosacea. I am not convinced I have rosacea. For some reason, I do not believe this is what I have. I never had rosacea before. I think if per chance I do have rosacea, it must have been steroid induced from using Mupirocin ointment and Hydrocortisone at 2.5% on my face as given to me by a derm for some abrasions I had on my face last year in February, but my skin had healed nicely and I just started having this pink skin this year.

Anyway, my symptoms seem to sound more like facial mites to me....which can cause rosacea. Aside from the pink itchy dry blotchy areas on my face, I tend to feel itchy on other parts of my body. The itchiness feels like bugs are crawling on me. I feel this sensation on my scalp also even though I have been using dandruff shampoo for a long time now.

I feel this bug crawling sensations even more when I wash my face with water, apply moisturizer, am in a humid, hot place....

I just don't know what to do anymore. Any ideas from anyone as to what is happening to my skin?

I am using Biafine right now that I found in my pantry from when I had been to a dermatologist a long time ago and they had given it to me for healing abrasions. I've read on the net that it is ok to use as a moisturizer as well....so if anyone also has experience with Biafine and rosacea....please let me know!
Birdsing, I think I might have developed something similar to what you are describing - I've been having itching of scalp for ages now, connected with occasssional itching of different parts of my body - the bug crawling feeling you describe - like a tiny tiny bug. I used to think it was just nerves - this itching. However in the past few days my face got this red kind of "raised" patch on the left side of my nose, plus mild redness all over connected with a feeling of warmth on the skin, not exactly hotness. Bout a year ago I had the same problem only with my ears - itchy and red. cant blame it on minoxidil im using for my scalp because itching started before I ever used it. My skin is awfully dry in these areas. I also have a redness with tiny pumps on the bridge of my nose, so I have no idea if I have either rosacea or these mites. I've used three different cosmetics in the past three days to check if its an allergic reaction to one of them, but my skin reacted the same to all :/
I have no idea what facial mites are, sounds horrid, I'm going to google the net. Should I throw all my sheets into the laundry right now cause bugs are crawling over me? or is it just rosacea which would be just awesome, too.. Had some redness/itching face problems over the summer in hot italy as well.
Dont know what it is but it might be the reason behind my permanently dry skin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts