Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The derm I have used for 14 years put me on Metrogel as well as daily Oracea pills. Since Metrogel is drying, I question if anyone has tried Emu Oil 1-2 hours after applying gel?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
When I used metrogel I didn't find that it dried out the skin. Are you sure it's not a film of the product itself that's on top of your skin that you think is dry skin. In other words, is it possible that you're just confusing dry product for dry skin?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has now been a week of using it and I don't feel like it is drying the skin. My big question though it whether or not I can use the Emu oil as a moisturizing treatment an hour or so after applying the gel. I have been a fan of the oil for a number of years because it penetrates the dermis deeply and helps to thicken the skin. So, I am trying to think ahead of keeping those wrinkles away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new here, but not to Rosacea. I don't see why not. I use Metro cream. Followed by my moist-cream. Followed by my zincoxide sun screen. I would however ask my MD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have now been on a two month regiment of once daily Oracea pills, nightly Clarifoam for cleansing followed by Metrogel. As of this writing, my skin has improved significantly and I have had no Rosacea breakouts. This in itself has been so rewarding. I will continue this treatment over the next six months to determine if this is just beginners luck or really a fix for my problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good luck! Sounds like its working for you. Hope it continues. I also take Oracea pills once a day. My Rosacea will go through periods of time where it is under control for the most part. But then for no known reason will start up again. I have been dealing with this for about 15 years. I just need to stay away from my triggers. Very hard to do... Because I like to have a drink now and then. Also miss all the wonderful hot Spicy Foods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please help. I have been getting hot flush on my face and neck for about two years now. The dermatologist did all the test and all he could come up with was rosacea. BUT i don't get the acne, pimples.... the normal breakout related to rosacea so i was not convinced that it is rosacia. I do get pimples but there are just an odd one now and then. The heat on my face continue and all the treatment i tried did not work. I am of Asian skin colur (Olive colour 2 years ago) but my skin have gradually become darker as if i had a bad sun tan. I think that the rosase may have inflamed my skin which resulted in darker patches which means no treatment to pigment will help. I am not sure if this diagnore is correct but i feel i need to treat rosacea first... IF it is ROsacea. IF anyone our there can please! This has change my life and costing me a lot of money. All the cream and peel i tried did not work. i am currently trying obagi nuderm cream...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Yasmin

I don't think by what you have written it is Rosacea. I'd like to know how old you are. If you are going through the memopause then it is quite pobably you are experiencing some hot flushes. I have been using a wow product for this which has helped many of my clients. We like to call it HRT in a bottle as it mimics oestrogen. It's called Vitage Phytoestrogen gel and gives a cooling effect on the skin cooling down any heat from your face and neck. The only contra-indications I would say is that if you have had or suffering from cancer or breast cancer you cannot use this because of the oestrogen this product mimics. You cannot use this if you are lactating either or if you are pregnant for obvious reasons. Due to the amount of products which have been precribed by your dermatologist it sounds as though whilst using these products it has somehow over stimulated your melanocyte cell and now it you have a pigmentation mark on your face. For this I would suggest either getting onto a strict program of idebenone (do not use hydroquinone) this is because idebenone has clinical papers to prove it. I would also stay away from TCA peels as this also takes toal on your skin. Idebenone even tones AHA gentle facial cleanser (which contains 14% lactic acid amongst other ingredients) will help to hydrate your skin and also start the exfoliation process from the inside out. It will take at least 6months to 1 year to correct. The other products I would suggest is PRIORI Coffeeberry. This deals with polyphenal anti-oxidants and also deals with pigmentation. Please think about this before you go down the route of having an obagi peel as you will be having down time of at least 6 -9 months and all you will be able to use is AHA barrier repair for it's healing properties. This is the very last option to be taken and it shouldn't be taken lightly. You may wish to think about omnilux revive & Plus but I would ask your dermatologist first about contra-indications. Peels would also benefit you but the strictest of causion when getting them has to be taken. I deal with alot of pigmentation and melasma problems in my salon and I need to stress how important the way I work on my clients, that they have to trust me. We cannot charge in and do big treatments which might not be required but as many people now wish to get rid of problems instantly and aren't prepared to work to get rid of it. There are no such things as instant results. It will take time.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Whoa, I'm sure what you read is good info, but I didn't read it because all I saw was a big block. You should really break your info into paragraphs, it makes it easier to read.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thx freddy. i do appreciate the comment but when you feel the way I feel that day... the last thing you think about is 'paragraph'. I was panicking that day and i could not think straight.

This forum is for people to get together and offer advise...not for critisizing someone who already feeling very low!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rosacea has 4 different subtypes. You do not need to have pimples to have it. You may have the following which is the type I have.

Subtype 1: Facial Redness (Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea)
\t\t
Rosacea sufferers typically experience flushing and persistent facial redness. Small blood vessels may become visible in some patients, and stinging, burning, swelling and roughness or scaling may also occur.

I have learned to baby my sensitive skin to keep it calm. First, I cleanse with Cetaphil "Gentle Skin Cleanser" and tepid water. This is a non-sudsing cleanser. Then I have been using Replenix CF cream with great results. This cream contains caffeine which is a highly effective anti-inflammatory and constricts veins to minimize facial flushing.

Also, be careful not to rub your skin with harsh facial scrubs or wash cloths.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
thx freddy. i do appreciate the comment but when you feel the way I feel that day... the last thing you think about is 'paragraph'. I was panicking that day and i could not think straight.

This forum is for people to get together and offer advise...not for critisizing someone who already feeling very low!
What are you talking about?

I was talking about Eternallybeautiful's big post.

I have no idea what you're going on about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The doctor keep telling me that i don't have rosacea but i know i do... i think you're right it is very mild and i only get it around an hour a day of hot and flushing. I will try the cleanser. I am asian and my skin have inthe last few years got darker. The doctor told me that rosacea cannot lead to pigmentation but my skin is patchy and discoloured over the last two years and this was the time i start getting the hot flushing. Not sure if this is related but i think it does!

Rosacea has 4 different subtypes. You do not need to have pimples to have it. You may have the following which is the type I have.

Subtype 1: Facial Redness (Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea)
\t\t
Rosacea sufferers typically experience flushing and persistent facial redness. Small blood vessels may become visible in some patients, and stinging, burning, swelling and roughness or scaling may also occur.

I have learned to baby my sensitive skin to keep it calm. First, I cleanse with Cetaphil "Gentle Skin Cleanser" and tepid water. This is a non-sudsing cleanser. Then I have been using Replenix CF cream with great results. This cream contains caffeine which is a highly effective anti-inflammatory and constricts veins to minimize facial flushing.

Also, be careful not to rub your skin with harsh facial scrubs or wash cloths.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts