Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sorry, not had time to read all posts, but it's my understanding that rosehip oil contains between approximately 0.00001% and 0.0001% retinoic acid...

not to say that the combination of this + other constituents such as vit e,c and the other good oily components won't make a big different in some skins if they aren't already receiving these elements from other sources in- or externally (which i am, probably why i don't really rate it v price tbh).

BUT, i like my retinoic acid in MUCH higher conentrations than that found in rosehip oil. How much higher? about 500-5000 times higher for daily application (= 0.05% RA) and whole load more for a retinoic peel.

That's why I would never replace my RA with rosehip oil.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Like Tova RHO was the 1st oil I used on my face, have been trying other oils, but I think rho is still my fave. Seems to sink in and not greasy, I mix it in my palm with abit of SKB sometimes. I like it a lot but its an oil , can't imagine it could be comparable to Retin A.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
If you want serious information about any product, you need to look up info from scholarly sources that are objective; not websites trying to sell you a rosehip oil product.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Jkee, no - it is not greasy. You only need a few drops for the whole face. It is a very nourishing oil. The one I use is this

A'kin Pure Radiance Rosehip Oil Certified Organic 23ml

I have used a few brands, but find this one particularly suits my skin.
Since I noticed you're in the UK I can recommend the Rosacara System which has a range of products including the rosewater and cleanser, there is a huge difference in the quality of the different oils and this one is the best I've tried. It's available by mail order rosacara co uk..

·
Registered
909 Posts
Since I noticed you're in the UK I can recommend the Rosacara System which has a range of products including the rosewater and cleanser, there is a huge difference in the quality of the different oils and this one is the best I've tried. It's available by mail order rosacara co uk..
I have actually used the Rosacara oil - I didn't think much of it, to tell you the truth.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have actually used the Rosacara oil - I didn't think much of it, to tell you the truth.
Sorry you don't like it, different strokes for different folks! I've tried all sorts of brands and really think this one is the best for my skin. Hope you find one that suits you.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I always liked rosehip oil LightenNLift, it is one of the oils that doesn't make my skin act up. The only downside is the orangey color, it is a bit messy and I have to find ways around it. I swear by apricot kernel oil for easy use and with a bit of helichrysum it can do a lot for the skin. I can't use all types of oils, even some of the lighter ones can make my skin act up, the ideal is when they help keeping poors clear and "breething". I don't log in here much anymore I just keep a simple easy routine with out experimenting much.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've read tretinoin is dangerous for those trying to conceive so I've been using Rose hip oil but I wonder whether to give it to my husband. His skin is very fair and thin. He burn easily and can't tan. He's a lovely, kind ginger :love: At 55 and only starting to use moisturiser his skin is not in top shape but is getting better.

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
Yes! He can use RoseHip oil. Have him use it in the PM after he washes his face.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts