Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen results with either of these oils?

Would this help for fine lines and crepey-ness under the eyes?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
HI ava
I've tried both these oils and found them to be very thin...nice for summer, but not enough for winter. Neither really did much for me used alone. I think you'd have to mix them with something more substantial if your skin is dry. But try it! We aren't all the same!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Has anyone seen results with either of these oils?

Would this help for fine lines and crepey-ness under the eyes?
Hi Ava,

I have only tried rosehip oil and unfortunately haven't used it long enough to comment on its effectiveness on fine lines but I can say it is good for evening your skin tone and lessening facial redness.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much ladies, I will continue with them both and let you know if I see any difference! I used this at night after my No.7 Protect and Perfect Serum.

Any recommendations for fine lines and crepey eyes? As soon as I put my moisturiser on my skin under the eyes feels tight hence the dehydration lines. I've tried so many different brands and products I am fed up! Especially as I used Avene retrinal and this made my skin worse, i.e crepey eyes
Not sure if having recent glygolic peels also made it worse? I have read mixed reviews about peels.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey ava I also got the creepy eye whilst using the green cream however when i dont use this near my eye area my eys go back to normal, however my eye lines were made worse by the green cream, now im using differin round my eye area and about to start using garden of wisdom viper venom 0.5, there is some info on this product on the site, also fawnie can give you more info than I on the viper venom!

You could also try skin actives eye bright cream, I have not used this yet so cant comment im afraid!

Personally I would not bother with the no 7 product think it is a waiste of money personally, and if I were you I would use the vit c serum here on the site may be do a face peel for a few months to start with, Im about to use a 50 lactic acid peel and then im gonna do a small tca peel where I got a small amount of damaged skin on my chin, also from the green cream, I think anyway.

Using micro retinol at some point may make a difference or it might just be that retinolds are not for you.

I would not use a gylonic peel as they can dry the skin out though!

I have used a number of carrier oils such as argon and rosehip seed oil not sure how much they do for the skin but however I still mix a few of my ones together as I like how they feel on the skin, especially if my face is peeling or irritated.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
sorry I have not checked my spelling or grammer on the post above I hope what I have written makes some sence to you

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeh we can follow you NY!!

Emu oil is a really thick oil that might help you if your skin is dry. Pat it on while your skin is still moist to seal in moisture.

Skinactives has an oil called EMUlator that I like...it isn't made from the bird and doesn't have that chickeny smell but is a thick oil and really helps hold in the moisture for me!! My skin isn't dry and itchy and tight when I wear this. I alternate it with RAM every other nite now.

Skin Actives Scientific : EMUlator Oil

It's a bright yellow oil but doesn't stain the skin or your clothes.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie I cant afford any ship but will have a look at this product see if I can buy it here in the uk, but I will say I tried emu oil a while ago, the one for joints you can get in health food shops on my face and it made my face go bright red, this was before I was using retinolds though! Never noticed a smell on my one though, I do remember being told it needs to be kept in the fridge I think.

Im finding my face is not dry really on a day to basis, it only gets dry now on occassions, its actually got nicely soft these days, more the tightness on my face im finding personally is not good, this was the reason why I thought I have to try something in the end and stop using my GC lev 6!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
NY. I actually started with Green Cream Level 3 before moving up to L6 and then finally Retin-A. Some ppl just don't tolerate ANY retinoids tho and you may be one! Nice soft oils and lotions for you, luv!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I think that the alcohol in the green cream was just too much for my skin, I have my differin 0.1 which does not really do anything for my face and 0.4 micro retin so am trying this at the mo.

I actually think my skin react better now that Im going back to alternating my products, at least my face is peeling nicely today

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think that the alcohol in the green cream was just too much for my skin, I have my differin 0.1 which does not really do anything for my face and 0.4 micro retin so am trying this at the mo.

I actually think my skin react better now that Im going back to alternating my products, at least my face is peeling nicely today
I use Green Cream but don't use it near my eyes and now that it's fall ( but actually feels like winter), in New England my under eye area has been dry, tight and crepy looking as well. I use two creams at the moment for under my eyes...I Bright from Skinactive (love love love this) in the day and Reorganize Night Eye Balm from SKINN (super emollient and soothing)..this feels like Vaseline so a little goes a long way..I don't use this balm frequently but it came with a kit I purchased and use it only when my skin is extremely dry.. I also use avocado/olive oil under my eye area as well as coconut oil. Now that it's nearly winter, I will probably use Green Cream every other night and alternate with anti-aging creams & moisturizers. I totally hate it when my skin is dry.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This site is great, thank you ladies. Think I'll give up the retrinal 1% for now, I used organic rosehip oil for the past two evenings mixed with almond oil, it has improved the crepey eyes dramatically. I've just purchased Liz Earle superbalm oil, has anyone tried this? I love the No.7 serum, it's really helped with my dehydration lines......

Can anyone recommend a good vitamin c serum (I live in London), I don't have time to make it, prefereably organic. Thank you in advance.

With regards to glycolic peels, think I'll give them a rest for now. I read an article on how they thin out your skin and make it more vunerable to wrinkles and crepey eyes! Any thoughts? Should I avoid having the 30% done around the eyes or will it help?

Thank you 'IluvNY' for your advice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also, according to some research I have read about rosehip seed oil, it is a natural source of retinoic acid. Here is a quote from biorosehipoil dot com:

"Source of topical retinoic acid (vitamin A) in a natural bio-available form.
ROSEHIP OIL content of trans-retinoic acid in a natural form makes it far more skin friendly and absorbable by the human body due to it's bio-availability or compatibility with our live skin cell structures. The only side effect is an increase in sun sensitivity of the newly formed skin cells that arise due to its action. And that can be wisely addressed with a sun-blocker."

I have started putting a drop of Rosehip Seed Oil in the palm of my hand with a squirt of the Pure Hyaluronic Acid from NCN that I purchased to make the DIY Vit. C Serum. I mix it up and then spread it on my face and neck and it is a great moisturizer! I also do this with my other oils -- jojoba, avocado, emu, pomegranate seed -- just mix a drop or two with a squirt of hyaluronic acid.

Mountain Rose Herbs, Garden of Wisdom, and SkinActives tout Rosehip Seed Oil as being a fabulous oil for dry, irritated skin and it also has an anti-aging effect (probably due to the natural retinoic acid content).

Regards,
Carolyn

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks Toni for the tips I wish I could afford shipping
as you guys seem to tout the skin actives eye bright cream so much but unfortunatly at the mo I cant, well not till January anyway and il try out the products you suggested, thanks for the tips.

Last night I applyed me differin and my eyes seem to react to this a lot better, the creepy eye is peeling away nicely, so Im gonna back to alternating me retinold products again, and using my vit c serum again see how my skin reacts to this.

Even though its expensive I have finally found a face spf cream that I love the chanel uv essential anti pollution cream, its far too expensive to use any where else apart from my face but I have to say its great, as this product causes my skin no irration at all.

Anyway Im trying the GOW viper venom 0.5 today hopefully il see some help with my eye lines from this cream, arh it always seems even when my eye area peels the fine crow feets line I have always seem to be there! I was gonna share the GOW vv with my boyfriend but I think the bottle will run out too quickly if I do this.

Thanks for taking the time out and sharing all your great suggestions and tips guys, its all a great help.

Hi ava I make my own diy vit c serum here on the site, if you do a search there are loads of great info on the vit c seruma and where to buy ingrendients for it in the UK and USA, if you run into a problem just let us know.

Oh yes before I forget has any one tried a 50% lactic acid peel? Im just wondering if it is worth while me buying one, in terms of doing a gentle soft peel on me facial area? To be honest I wont bother buying it if it will be a waiste a money and wont do much for me skin!

Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fawnie I cant afford any ship but will have a look at this product see if I can buy it here in the uk, QUOTE]

the shipping from skinactives is really low so give it a try, its only 10 usd. at the same time as you get the emulator oil i would get the bright I cream from them. i like it a lot and have read plenty of good stuff about it. gymrat was the one who recommended it to me. and my eyes feel better and look better after just a weeks use.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks tom but because I no longer have a job from next sat 10 dollars is more money than I can afford at the mo, I really dont have any at all, thanks for sharing though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts