Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My skincare routine includes DIY vit. c serum, renova,sunscreen and face exercises. This has been going on now for approximately 4-5 months and I am still watching my face increase in wrinkles and sagging around my mouth. I am only 36 and am frustrated. What else, aside from surgery should I use? there are these pouches forming on the sides of my mouth that are aging! Should I use a firming cream? or put something in my serum for firming? is there really a point to it at all?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Oh you are not alone!! I hear ya, and feel like you do most of the time. I always think my skin should look better than it does for all the time, patience and $ I put into taking care of it.

Do you use RA? If not maybe you should try that. Or you could also try a light chemical peel or even a weekly mask. You could also look at DMAE 4%serum from skinactives. I use it from time to time. Not faithfully as I probably should be, but I do like the results it gives when I use it.

Or........jump over on the Stevia thread. They seem to really like the results of using that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's funny you mention the stevia thread because I was on page 3 before I checked back in on my thread. I just ordered retin a micro from ADC, so it's the generic version, right? would that be just as effective as RA, gymrat? I was using a generic version of renova and I thought that was retin a. did I just waist 4 months on my skin thinking it was retin a?!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
It's funny you mention the stevia thread because I was on page 3 before I checked back in on my thread. I just ordered retin a micro from ADC, so it's the generic version, right? would that be just as effective as RA, gymrat? I was using a generic version of renova and I thought that was retin a. did I just waist 4 months on my skin thinking it was retin a?!
I don't use RA from ADC, I get a Rx for mine. I am sorry.
Those that use RA from ADC I am sure will be able to help you a little more than I can on that. I am sure you get the same effects from using RA from ADC. Too many people use it for it not to be effective.

I have never used Renova and have always just been a RA user.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
My skincare routine includes DIY vit. c serum, renova,sunscreen and face exercises. This has been going on now for approximately 4-5 months and I am still watching my face increase in wrinkles and sagging around my mouth. I am only 36 and am frustrated. What else, aside from surgery should I use? there are these pouches forming on the sides of my mouth that are aging! Should I use a firming cream? or put something in my serum for firming? is there really a point to it at all?
Kiera, don't give up!
Many ppl on the facial exercise forums have gone thru the "mouth pouches" phase and have gotten good advice there. It may be a matter of discontinuing a certain exercise or modifying it. I have always gotten good advice from both the Ageless and the FlexEffect forums.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going over there right now. I had searched on there for mouth pouches and nothing came up but I'm going to look again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone
i am new here.about sagging skin,did anyone ever try skin wrap? how it work?
do any one have good result from that? please help.thank you

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Kiera,
In your post you asked apart from surgery what can you use to fix your problem. I have tried injection therapy. That is Restylane and Botox injections and found that they work beautifully. They also last a long time. I had my Restylane injections 7 months ago and they are still working and I can see no need for a "refill". The botox need to be done more often. The look is completely natural. I also use all the vitamin C, sunscreen moisturizers etc so maybe that is what makes my injections last. I really do not know. All I know is that they work and last.
Yes they are expensive but I feel they are worth it as the result is immediate, long lasting and natural. Just make sure you get a good injector.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Before trying out the copper peptides, you may want to read up on them, some people have had very bad results. The copper peptides seem to be iffy, it works for some and causes very nasty reactions for others. You may wanna look into other things, maybe even try the stivea.

·
Registered
550 Posts
kiera, have you lost weight recently? I can always tell when I've lost weight when the skin on my legs doesn't seem as firm and maybe you are seeing that on your face?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts