Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a question about salicylic acid, i hope some of you experts can help me! I have combination, acne prone skin so I've decided to try the Cerave SA cleanser a few months ago, but after a few days I got a little rash on my face from it so I stopped using it. Then I tried the Salicylic Acid Mask from The Ordinary and it works wonders for me! I only use that once a week. Since that worked for me, I tried the Murad Blemish Control cleanser (Salicylic acid is one of the main ingredients) and after 2 or 3 days my face got even worse than after the Cerave one! Posted pictures for reference...

So my question is, how come the cleansers make my skin so dry, rough and bumpy if the mask doesnt? What could it be?

Before that I used Cerave oily skin cleanser, The ordinary squalane cleanser and every day I use Niacinamide and SPF.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
It’s definitely the formulation. Active ingredients such as salicylic acid can work wonders if you skin can handle the formulation and vehicle in which it’s delivered- funny you should say that because the cerave salicylic acid cleanser broke me out too and caused big bumps but the aveeno clear complexion salicylic acid cleansers never broke me out and cleared out all my pores. Therefore, find a formulation that works for your skin via trial and error. Additionally, the Paula’s choice BHA (salicylic acid) formulations seems to work for majority of people with its low pH and non comedogenic ingredients list and vehicle base of gel or liquid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts