Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to a compound presription for lightening, my derm wrote me a script for Salicylic Acid (SA) 6% Lotion to aid in exfolitating. SA is typically used to help fight acne. I no longer get the prescription refilled but for my bubble bath and body wash I use a body wash with 2% SA - twice daily.

I think this is mentioned in the ant-aging or basic skin care forum - but SA is just plain ol' aspirin. So once a month I dissolve a bunch of aspirin in a little distilled water and do a rigorous body scrub. It is one of my favorite beauty treatments.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
*** teenagers, many of my friends who were stricken with acne used crushed up aspirin, a little peroxide & water as a treatment. Some got impressive results from it. If a person doesn't have acne & uses a SA scrub what happens?

·
Registered
208 Posts
*** teenagers, many of my friends who were stricken with acne used crushed up aspirin, a little peroxide & water as a treatment. Some got impressive results from it. If a person doesn't have acne & uses a SA scrub what happens?
The result is a gentle exfoliating albeit with some dryness.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Also, gives you a good facial if you crush it up and leave it on for 20 minutes, it takes out the rednenss from the RA or any other exfoliator in the processs and leaves your skin smooth.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i purchased 6% from ADC, i actually use a little bit in my face wash once a day.. and i mean a LITTLE... with great results.. if i ever have a pimple i simply dab it on the spot before bed and it seems to zap them instantly...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Also, gives you a good facial if you crush it up and leave it on for 20 minutes, it takes out the rednenss from the RA or any other exfoliator in the processs and leaves your skin smooth.
comes in a 30g tube... its like an ointment, kind of clear in consistency***

1 - 8 of 8 Posts