Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

About a week ago a scab fell off my chest; the scab was about the size of a penny.

The skin was very pink where the scab fell off “which is normal” so I started to put vitamin E as well as a product called scarzone on it.

Last night I went and played soccer with some friends and when I got back home I noticed that there was some fluid under the pink skin; kind of like a blood blister or something. What should I do, should I drain the fluid by making a pinprick in the skin? I really don’t want to get a scar but I know I probably will.. so at this point I’m just trying to let it heal properly so the skin doesn’t get really damaged.

So, what should I do??

I've attached two photos of what it looks like... Thanks

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...0oon/scab1.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...0oon/scab2.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Sp0oon, please see a doctor it could be a Basal cell carcinoma, do you go out in the sun a lot? I could not get the pics even after removing the two spaces. If the scab comes back again and again it is not healing, if you pinprick this it could get infected. Skin is an organ and needs to be treated with respect like all other organs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally there was a small mole there and I purchased some ointment to get rid of it.. The mole turned into a huge scab and fell off.. Now I just want it to heal...

I think i'm going to just drain it with a pin first to see what happens.. Two days ago my friend squeezed me and I felt a prick.. next thing I new there was some fluid under there.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi SpOoon,

Please see your doctor asap. You should never try to remove a mole or any skin lesion yourself! What was wrong with the mole that made you want to remove it ?? If the mole had began to change in size, shape, color or had turned into sore or itch this is an urgent situation as it could be melignant. Not trying to scare you just keep you informed. I have had a melanoma which was cancerous and time is of the essence in treatment. As most of the cell damage takes place UNDER the skin these type of skin cancers can be left untreated for too long. Most moles are harmless but if you do notice any changes like those listed above especially if these changes happen quickly get to the doc without delay.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Oh, Jesus..... Go to a doctor! I see this is an old post, but I hope this person has seen a doc!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts