Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I got a penis circumcision. Through the year I've been applying Aloe Vera cream almost every day, however, there are still some scar left. Before a scar is done healing it takes about 2 years, so I have 1 year left.

Generally emu oil, Vitamin C cream, AHA cream and Retin-A is recommended. Should I use this even though it's at a special location?

This is pretty intimate, but damn I need an answer. Want it to be as perfect as possible.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
You should not be applying anything. There is no way around this kind of scarring. Circumcision is actually a serious injury especially for someone who is past puberty. I will not get into the structural and functional issues with it nor the socially ingrained way it is routinely performed in USA which is criminal in my opinion and based on all the research. The bottom line is that the skin which was excised was CUT OFF, it was not some "extra skin" as people think but it actually is a tubular piece of skin and as such when you remove it the skin left needs to adhere to the other skin and as such it forms a scar. YOU CANNOT minimise it. It will scar as it is and whether you were 1 day old or 100 it is going to scar. The things you are doing is just seriously putting oil on a fire. You are only going to inflame the area and aggravate it more. There are many reasons scars form and in this case it was functional.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I do not think you are getting it, ANYTHING is too harsh! This is not a repairable scar, you cut sensitive genital tissue nobody with a circumcision is scarless, it is not possible by the nature of the incision which excises healthy tissue that is cylindrical and thereby creating a natural adhesion. A circumcision IS creation of scar tissue. If you did not have a scar it would never heal, this is not like when you cut tissue that is intact, you are taking tissue away that is needed for the integrity of the skin in that area and as such the very word circum cision means AROUND CUT--you are always going to have a scar!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I don't think you're going to get around the scarring. Unfortunately as other have posted you did cut part of the skin around the penis off, thus your skin will have this mark. Laser and other therapies won't remove this fact.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called a surgeon today and she told me that mixing aloe vera cream with a normal moisturizer would not do anything. According to her I should just use a fat non oily moisturizer about two times a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts