Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dis'l prob sound silly but i am actually scared to try the HQ and RA.... Im scared of the peeling and any other reactionsi may get, i am not telling my familythat i am trying this dey will not be supportive..

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Better to be cautious than foolhardy! So far, no one here has reported an adverse reaction from the HQ4%. As for the RA, some people DID react badly but often it had more to do with mishandling the product in some way. So long as you begin with the mildest concentration (0.025%) , apply it to very dry skin (20 mins after washing & drying), & use a light hand ( a pea-sized amt does the entire face) & avoid any harsh rubbing & scrubbing, you should be okay. As for yr family, many people are in that same boat: not everyone approves of cosmetic skin lightening. You have to decide for yourself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx ondine for the reply!!!.. i have zero confidence in myself as i am not comfortable in my skin.. i reali realii want to lighten my whole body 2/3 shades, seems lyk using HQ/RA is the only way to achieve this. il carry on reading the posts on here, once i have the courage and im convinced der are no side effects al go for it.. its the skin peeling that concerns me... hw are your results?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Are you sure that all yr lack of self-confidence stems from yr skin colour? I know sometimes people with visible skin conditions lose confidence: walking around all blotchy, covered with acne, masked by melasma, stretch marks or acne scars etc, cannot be easy. People stare, some rude people make comments...But, if your skin is otherwise healthy-just darker than you want it to be, that is easily remedied with the options on this forum. You may have to tinker with them to make it just right for you, but it can be done. If you lack general confidence, lightening your skin may give you a boost, but you will have to address any other reasons for your feelings. They won't go away from an external change. This is also true of women who lack confidence & go get breast implants. What hapens is that they become an unconfident women with big breasts. Please do not become an unconfident guy with lighter skin. You deserve better. From the way you write, you are honest, articulate & intelligent: these are good qualities for you to 'identify' with as an integral & positive part of who you are.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Well, when I began back in Jan, I was the same dark red skin tone as Michael Jackson's brother Jermaine. It looked like a super dark perma-tan white people who overuse tanning beds & sun tanning get. Not good for my small featured. The photo you see now was from early july. I am lighter than that now. Whenever I try something new, I have to stop using the RA for 1 wk B4 & for 1 wk post treatment. This slows my progress, but I want to learn & experiment. Speed is not my first priority. After a while, I'll post an updated photo.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Indian people ARE classified as Caucasian. The term gets misapplied in The West as meaning white European only. There are many traits that characterize the term. It is like the term Aryan. In NA & Europe, it has been snatched by '***********' advocates & taken to mean white Europeans only. It ignores the ancient Hindu (from the Vedas) origins of the term. The same happened with the swastika symbol: you can still see it embroidered into some sarees in India. In the West, it has become a foul symbol of anti-semitic & other forms of extreme hatred. As for me looking 'south East Asian Indian', you are right: I do look very Indian. The reality, though, is that I am 1/8 Indian only! My father's maternal great grandmother (died sometime in the early 1880's) was Indian. In person, I look like a perma-tanned white person. So much so that I've often had white tanners ask me what my 'tanning secret' is & what I use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts