Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.. after having ipl laser hair removal on my stomach and back, it has left me with scars on my stomach-deep scars dat are pigmented.. i dnt knw wat i cud use to fade it away.. its really gotten me down.. the burn was very bad!! i would neva recommend havin laser!! please help!!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Sam, that just sounds terrible! have you tried any of the fading or lightening creams out on the market? I know I used a cream called Barielle to get rid of my freckles, maybe it would work for you as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mony thank u for the reply!!! its very bad, it luks awful.. i hav tried melarderm and a few others but deyv not helpd.. where can i purchase the barielle?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You can get it at most beauty counters, but you might want to try a fadding fluid or there is a gel from dermaglow works great too. There are always options, go and check out what they have at your local beauty counter, they might have something they can recommend to you. Even a pharmacist might be able to suggest something to you like an HQ lightener. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi Sam,

Trying applying some turmeric cream on the scars morning and night. This will help fade it over time.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Sam xx, I think I found you a better answer than the one I had proposed earlier on... I've been doing a little digging, and TONS of reading.... Now I'm experimenting on myself with pretty good results. Then I thought about this thread and this might help you..
La Roche-posay Mela-D serum.. It has Kojic Acid + glycolic acid but no hydroquinone. the kojic will fade the scars, then the glycolic will help peel the scared cells faster- benifits of a peel without the peel! I've been using it on my knees and ankle - I had a very nasty fall- my dog dragged me over 80 yards through gravel and everything else you can imagine.... But I was left with some really nasty scars, around my ankle where his rope burnt me, and knees- gravel and asphalt burnt...but this stuff is really lightening it up you can see it the difference daily.. and it's not too expenssive I 30$ at Shopper's drug mart. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Mony,

Can La Roche-posay Mela-D serum be used to remove age spots and freckles too? I am looking for something to remove mine.
Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts