Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've learned SO much from it already. I'm in love with this website! They go through each ingredient and what it's for, they go over price and most importantly any cautious ingredients that could cause irritation, acne, etc.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Looks interesting Vananners! Thanks for posting. Bear in mind though that one of the references they use is Paula Begoun of "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without this". Some of her ideas are a bit controversial so take what you read with a big grain of salt, as usual! Interesting tho!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Read under "FAQs" for the board and you get this:

NvWah rating is strictly based on ingredients, the good has to outweigh the bad to win a good rating. Some products may contain ingredients that are instantly pleasing to you, for example fragrance. But in the long term it has no real skin benefit or even cause problems.
So the reviews "by chemists" are just someone at the board looking up ingredients in reference books and posting his/her decisions about the products, not actual people using them and writing their findings. Still, interesting reading, altho the brands and products are limited for now.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Read under "FAQs" for the board and you get this:

NvWah rating is strictly based on ingredients, the good has to outweigh the bad to win a good rating. Some products may contain ingredients that are instantly pleasing to you, for example fragrance. But in the long term it has no real skin benefit or even cause problems.Quote: Originally Posted by

So the reviews "by chemists" are just someone at the board looking up ingredients in reference books and posting his/her decisions about the products, not actual people using them and writing their findings. Still, interesting reading, altho the brands and products are limited for now.

Yes, they are limited. But keep in mind that this is generally the way that Paula reviews products, too. It's the chemical formulation and ingredients that do all of the work, so looking at them should be able to effectively explain what the product can and can't do. Testing them and making reviews after would only be pure opinion, not science. I'm not interested in opinion, I'm interested in scientific results!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts