Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am brand new to this site. I am a Certified Registered Nurse First Assistant. What that means is that I am a Registered Nurse who has gone into an advanced educational program and I assist in surgical procedures in the Operating Room. This role was traditionally filled by doctors. I work predominantly with Neuro Surgeons, General Surgeons and Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons with a bit of Orthopedics thrown in.
I am always looking for skin care programs or products that are based and backed with scientific research and clinical trials to prove their efficacy.
If anyone knows of an awesome skin care line "out there" that has been designed for aging skin (I am 54 and have spent a lot of time in the sun being active--(running, cycling, waterskiing, snowskiing, vacationing in Hawaii etc...) I am very interested in knowing about it. I have tried Obagi, and Bio-Medic (of course) as those are lines that are sold by the Plastic surgeons that I work with. I was not all that impressed with them. I want something with a lot of punch...Has anyone tried the Nia line? 3 Lab? Thanks...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Benny, I'm a nurse, too. I'm 65 yrs old and spent too much time in the sun. Most of the people on this site promote DIY acid peels, vitamin C, and a few other products. Most of which is a lot less expensive than we can buy in the cosmetic surgeons office. Anyway, welcome, I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions and good ideas.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome Benny....I love Retin A and DIY Vitamin C Serum, check out the anti-aging forum there are great recipes for DIY and for sources for Retin A, have fun!!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site! Nursemarie is right! A lot of the people on this site mix their own Vitamine C, use peels etc...... But the information you get on this site, is outstanding!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome Benny.

No to the Nia line and 3 Lab, but now I must go investigate.
(JUst curious, do you get a deal on botox/fillers/lasers?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone to replied. Now I need to investigate some of the DIY leads that have been suggested.

I did try Retin-A in the past but grew weary of the constant flaking skin...

I am very consciencious about wearing sunscreen---I recommend sunscreen with the chemical "Mexoryl" in it. I don't think that it has been released for use in products produced in the U.S. yet. However, you can get it in Garnier, Larouche-Posay, and Loreal Products. It has been used for years in Europe and has the most complete coverage against both UVA and UVB rays.

It's never too late to post suggestions...I'll keep checking back...again thanks to all of you who responded!

Benny

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I get a "Courtesy discount" from the Cosmetic surgeons that I work with. But I am not fond of Botox. I have used the laser treatments and like the results that they give. I am also avoiding the "fillers" because I have seen some bad reactions and have also seen what happens with over use of them.

No to the Nia line and 3 Lab, but now I must go investigate.
(JUst curious, do you get a deal on botox/fillers/lasers?)[/QUOTE]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts