Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the start of the new self-tanner thread. Biotherm Summer Source is a gradual tanner that is easily controlled. Doesn't get really dark the first time you use it. It can be used as a daily moisturizer and does keep your skin very smooth. Lexi, as far as your other questions, I haven't noticed any uneven fading, orange hands or clothing stains. I usually wait a few minutes before dressing but it sinks in pretty quickly. I have never used it to get really dark. I am very fair and what I prefer is a warm glow. I don't use it on my face...I'm very protective of it! Prefer to use a make up bronzer and the only other stuff that goes on there is my regular skincare products. There are other options. You can still use a tanning bed or natural sun but minimally. I do use a tanning bed from time to time, max time for me is 5 minutes. When I get home, I warm it up with the Biotherm. I do go in the sun but with a very high sunblock. You still get a bit of natural tan and then supplement. Even in the tanning bed I cover my face. Sorry but wrinkles on the face are something you just can't hide! I'm 50 and have very few and I plan on staying that way. I recently was on a trip and one of the participants, in her 60's, was sitting right next to me in her bathing suit. I know she has spent a lot of time in the sun. Well, I looked at the skin on her legs and thought...nope, not going to happen here. It scared me "white" so to speak. Now it's exfoliating and a really nice after sun (also Biotherm). My skin feels great. I'll use the self-tanner when I want the "glow". I have tried other self-tanners, regular and gradual, but I definitely like this one the best. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And just a little word of advice. If you decide to try it, gently put it in your hand. It is verrry milky. I think it's what makes it better because it's so easy to spread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, pina coladas are for drinking! I can only describe it as delicate, maybe slightly citrus. Smells nice if you ask me and I'm pretty particular about fragrance.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Are you familiar with the "Clarins Liquid Bronze" Self-Tanner? - which is the one that I use. I sounds very similar - milky white, no streaking (for me anyway), no orangy hue, pleasant scent. I would like to know how it compares if you are familiar with it.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Ya I am using the Clarins as well. I like it so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I have never tried it but have used Clarins products in the past and they are very good. The Biotherm one comes out of the bottle a soft yellow. Best to go to your local department store and try the testers for consistency and fragrance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good thread, I have recently quit the beds....I'm about to try fake bake, but if I don't like it, then I'll heed the thread stgarters advise.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mathedia thank you so much for such a very awesome post! I appreciate it so much as I slowly reel from my tanning withdrawals! I have also scheduled an appointment to do a Versa-Spray tan this week. It is a salon spray tan that all the celebs apparently use and it gives an even, natural tan that slowly fades with time and does not get blotchy apparently. I also will then start the Biotherm on top of that so as to get the colour I want.

I really appreciate the time you took to explain this as I am desperate to find a feasible solution. Then I suppose I can go to the beach, sit in a bikini and under an umbrella with sunblock on!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have also scheduled an appointment to do a Versa-Spray tan this week. It is a salon spray tan that all the celebs apparently use and it gives an even, natural tan that slowly fades with time and does not get blotchy apparently. I also will then start the Biotherm on top of that so as to get the colour I want.
Lexi - how long does the versa-Spray last? Is it like "Mystic Tan" - which I am told fades very quickly and so is only reasonable for a photo shoot or special occasion.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mirecka--I tried Mystic Tan which put me off spray tans! I know a guy who owns a salon and always looks tanned and he told me that he uses Versa-Spray which lasts about 5-6 days and looks completely natural and fades gradually. It takes 2 minutes, no rub off, no streaking and anywhere you put lotion will not get colour. I am scheduled to try it Friday! So no it is not like Mystic I hope but can only tell you for sure when I have done it.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I posted this on the other Self tanner thread, but thought I would put it here as well-

Good Morning America had some great tips on self tanners. Check it out, you just might learn some-

Top 10 Sunless Tanning Tips - ABC News

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was recently envolved in a self-tanning test group. It was a 3 month study, using 10 different ( top selling ) self tanners. To make this story short, there was one product that came in far above all others, and it was: Neutrogena micro-mist tanning spray. 9 out of 10 people chose this product. Don't spend $30 on a bottle of self tanner, when you can get one for $8. I am so glad to have been a part of this. I now know that this is the BEST self tanner on the market. I love it, and use it all the time. Just make sure you exfoliate before and moisturize TWICE a day to prolong the tan. This stuff ROCKS!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts