Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to this forum and am pretty damn happy i found it, it seems so legit and not fake testimonials. well ive been lightening for about a year with 3%hq i am lebanse my skin was a light oil color but very blotchy a ive had some success but i have senssitive skin and when i first started using hq i did leave it on while i slept but that seemed to redden my face and make it appear darker...since then i apply hq at nite for 10 min max this HAS worked but after looking around it seemed that people are basicallyleaving on the hq for 24/7 or at least whil they sleep! is this common? .....NEAWAY how long do you guys usually leave on the hq for? oh and ima guy so guys do this too!!!! nd im actually using nadinolla but would like to upgrade to better stuff any suggestis? any feedback appreciated!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi ronnyboy1988 and welcome to the forum. You are right, this is an awesome place to be full of genuine and very knowledgeable people. I use HQ mixed with Retin-A, as do a lot of people on here. I can't believe you only put HQ on for ten minutes and it works for you! Mine is on for 24 hours a day. In the morning on its own with sunblock on top and at night mixed with an equal quantity of Retin-A. For a really good informative thread on this, take a look at:

http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...hter-skin.html

If your skin is as sensitive as you say, however, this may not be for you.

Could the HQ you used before have had other perhaps harmful additives to cause your skin to redden? The one I use from alldaychemist.com is actually very soothing on my skin.

If HQ is not for you, then you could try something like Meladerm (no HQ) which is not as potent and may only lighten you a shade or two, but it would probably be fine for your sensitive skin.

If you have any more questions, please ask!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
ronnyboy! Welcome to the forum. I have serious reservations about the formula you are using. Nobody here has reported that symptom from HQ from 2-4%. Could you please share the name of the product you are using? Some mfgr's are not honest in reporting their 'real' ingredients. This cream might well contain HQ3% BUT it may be adulterated with other unsafe agents. HQ is meant to be left on the skin in order to absorb properly & work correctly. If you are leaving it on for 10 mins & seeing lightening, that is NOT from HQ. MERCURY or high concentrations of strong steroids can, BUT the consequences ALWAYS become dire. Please share all you can about this cream & I'll gladly check it out. There are safe formulations you can use & get great results w/o taking dangerous risks. I'm so glad you joined up & mentioned this stuff & your reaction to it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys for responding it feels nice to get pretty direct answers! when i first started to lighten i was using diana stalder product simply white which i hated then i went to palmers and got really impatient and slept with it i woke to red irratedface. i kinda scared myself and began to take really good care of my skin and i would use nadinolla (sp) only 10 min a day and i have seen improvement but it took like a year prolly longer! but my idea of working is a bright even face not nec lighter. but now i am using tetronin (sp) lowest strength and nadinolla but recently i realized when i first started to lighten i had no idea what i was doing but now my skin knows more about whats up with lightening and illwear the nadinolla for like 2 hrs trying to work my way up. but what do you guys think about nadinolla? i really wnt smthing else....i feel kinda uneasy bout using this prodct

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
There's a member here who knows all about Nadinola & she'd gotten fantastic results from it. Her name is GoddessOfEarth & she'd be the best person to get Nadinola advice from. Why not send her a message?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts