Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have very sensitive that is acne-prone.

I've been searching high and low for a liquid foundation that is suitable for sensitive. Everything says non-comedogenic or hypo-allergenic but it always seems to break me out! For the moment I'm using ELF minerals foundation but I like the coverage of liquid foundation. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please?? Your help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I recently tried Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals. I'm a loose and pressed JI foundation fan. I didn't get great coverage from the LM, but it was a nice change to try it (reminded me of my pre-MMU days). I would consider it for the winder, when my skin tends to be more dry. I defefinitely suggest finding a local dermatologist or salon for test-drive before you buy (for color, coverage, and duration) because it's expensive. If the salon/dr won't give a sample, definitely don't buy there if you were planning to. IME, you can't tell how a foundation will really work for you until you try it a few times, with self-application.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My skin is sensitive and oily a terrible combination. I have rosacea and react to alot of chemicals. But I am also a makeup fanatic. Foundations that worked for me for years suddenly caused me terrible problems, breakouts and burning sensations.

So far the best thing I've found is Merle Norman tinted moisturizer. You adjust the coverage with application. I sometimes add a bit of mineral makeup on any spots for added coverage.
I got it the first time in a promotional package and was pleasantly surprized that I could tolerate it, especially being oily.
It gives me a fairly flawless look.
I still search for something better because I love makeup but I've been happiest with the MN for about 5 years.

Merle Norman will accept returns if something doesn't work out and they often have samples of their products.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts